COVID: Certificate Of Vaccination Identity Certificate

Moderator: dromia

dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: COVID: Certificate Of Vaccination Identity Certificate

#21 Post by dodgyrog »

meles meles wrote:
Plecotus wrote:The sooner a card system is intriduced the better. If people are medically exempt, they can cary a card that says that too.
Maybe 'em could ring a bell, chant "Unclean" and perhaps wear a ikkle badge too...
Well said that man
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Tacticool
Home club or Range: EMMR

#22 Post by Tacticool »

Plecotus wrote:The sooner a card system is intriduced the better. If people are medically exempt, they can cary a card that says that too. Non need for any dramas. People who refuse to be vaccinated are, in my opinion, second class citizens.....they clearly care little for their fellow human beings.
And I find someone willing to give up any freedom for a tiny fraction of security second class citizens. I’m glad my grandparents generation thought so too when they were fighting in WW2 and didn’t just surrender like the current bunch probably would.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

I am a Grandparent and I have not seen any of my Grandchildren since March my Son and his partner are both working from home. Her Company part of the Hospitality industry has gone bust they specialize in Weddings to the tune of 3 million pounds. You might have seen the Panorama documentary that showed how the business had died due to Government restrictions.
My son has three months left on his contract then he is out of work. We have had four people at my place of work go down with this horrible disease. They are not in a good place.
I will be queuing up outside of my Doctors waiting for the vaccine to arrive if any of you don't want this jab let me know and I will gladly take your place.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#24 Post by Pete »

I don't know anyone who has/has had the disease...........according to the gov. website, there have been 5 cases recorded in my postcode area. Not in my street, but in the bit indicated by the first three letters, which is quite a large suburban area. Generally, people here are using common sense, keeping their distance, using the hand sanitizer that's everywhere, and wearing masks when inside shops etc.
The supermarkets we use have staff constantly cleaning baskets & trollies.
This may be why we have well below the national average numbers..............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pete
Past Supporter

#25 Post by Pete »

And why I'm in no hurry to get vaccinated............

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
RDC

#26 Post by RDC »

I know one dead person, know of friends with dead family, and several colleagues who it has severely messed up. Some of these don't fit the supposed "it only messes up the old and those with pre-existing conditions" mantra people are routinely spouting to justify not taking it seriously. If it's killing a modern day pro strongman who's fitter than 99% of the population, if not more, then I take it seriously.

I personally think it's a moral duty to have the vaccine.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#27 Post by Pippin89 »

Pete wrote:I don't know anyone who has/has had the disease...........according to the gov. website, there have been 5 cases recorded in my postcode area. Not in my street, but in the bit indicated by the first three letters, which is quite a large suburban area. Generally, people here are using common sense, keeping their distance, using the hand sanitizer that's everywhere, and wearing masks when inside shops etc.
The supermarkets we use have staff constantly cleaning baskets & trollies.
This may be why we have well below the national average numbers..............

Pete
If you look at viral spread maps, there are always small areas which hold off longer. Usually this is due to low travel into/out of the area, or a less densely populated area. But it still reaches there eventually. Wouldn't it be better to prepare for when it does, rather than wait for it? Haven't people been blaming the government all through this for reacting too late?

RDC wrote:I know one dead person, know of friends with dead family, and several colleagues who it has severely messed up. Some of these don't fit the supposed "it only messes up the old and those with pre-existing conditions" mantra people are routinely spouting to justify not taking it seriously. If it's killing a modern day pro strongman who's fitter than 99% of the population, if not more, then I take it seriously.

I personally think it's a moral duty to have the vaccine.
I know of a 35YO fireman currently on a ventilator and fighting for his life. And my sister, as an ITU nurse (even in one of the least affected areas in the country) has far too many stories about people dying who really shouldn't be. Unfortunately, some people need to be personally affected before they will stand up and take note...
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#28 Post by dromia »

I agree completely about the need for a vaccine and for us all to embrace it, even the moral societal duty that we have to get vaccinated.

However here is the rub this government has been so inept, corrupt and failed at every turn using the emergency power to feed and finance their cronies into our institutions means that their is now absolutely no trust in the government and its instruments.

They have failed in their moral duty to lead the country and deal with the crisis for the countries benefit rather than use it as an opportunity to feather their pals nest at the expense of the countries most vulnerable people.

Yes I want to be vaccinated against covid-19 but I want to be vaccinated with an inoculant that I feel I can trust as to its safety, there is nothing trustworthy about this rotten country any more and that is a real dilemma for covid and beyond.

Maybe by the time my turn comes round there will have been a more meaningful number of people vaccinated over a longer time to persuade me, or otherwise, that the the thing is really safe.

I take my hat of to all those people who worked so hard on developing this treatment but regardless of their individual integrity their work is ultimately driven by pharma companies profit greed and when they are hand in hand with our corrupt government then any individual integrity is lost to the corporate rapacity.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pete
Past Supporter

#29 Post by Pete »

Add to that keeping a guy in prison without charge for years (Assange), and it just about sums up the morality of this bunch of public school chums that passes for government.

Pete
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#30 Post by Pippin89 »

dromia wrote: Maybe by the time my turn comes round there will have been a more meaningful number of people vaccinated over a longer time to persuade me, or otherwise, that the the thing is really safe.
2.3 million people so far, 556,000 of which in the UK. So far there have been a handful of reports of allergic reactions, none of them serious, none of them caused long term effects. Bells Palsy is being spread around in the media which sounds scary... but it really isn't and in all cases did not last long. Other than that some people have reported headaches and drowsiness and a sore arm.... that's about it.

Most drugs/vaccines are approved after trials of just a few thousand... The Covid vaccine trials included over 20,000 which is far more than needed for approval. And now we sit at over 2 million. I have to wonder how many people is enough for your acceptance?