Perspective

Moderator: dromia

Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Perspective

#31 Post by Dark Skies »

My mum died of Covid at the end of March. I'd been her carer for the past six years (she was severely disabled and had the onset of dementia). Due to her condition she / we lived a rather solitary life so it's likely she contracted it either during a routine post cancer operation examination or when one of the local health workers visited her. She'd started coughing a lot. I initially thought it might be bronchitis as she was prone to the infection. Her GP visited her a few times during the week prior and decided she had to be ambulanced to hospital. That was the last time I saw her alive.
I had to be tested but somehow, despite being in very close proximity on a daily basis, displayed no exposure antibodies in the test even though a good chunk of time had passed before being tested. I had no illness at all.

Several months later (around August) a friend of mine whom I'd been in contact with developed mild symptoms with Covid. He had contracted it in his workplace. Again I had to do the self-isolating thing. Again I had the test. And again I had no antibodies present.

Some time later, around September / October (I lose track of time since all the lock-downs) I was invited to take part in a test by the Royal London Hospital. I guess my GP had put forth my name. I was sent a self test kit, instructions, and a encrypted code to put the results on-line and complete a survey. I tested absolutely negative for a third time with no signs of having been exposed to the virus despite actually having been in close contact to two sufferers.

I've not heard a peep back from the Royal London for follow up tests or questions.
I think some of us must be naturally immune.
I've never ever had a cold either. I can be in a roomful of coughing splutterers and just won't get it myself. I've never had the flu either (although my mum had).
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#32 Post by shugie »

Dark Skies wrote:My mum died of Covid at the end of March. I'd been her carer for the past six years (she was severely disabled and had the onset of dementia). Due to her condition she / we lived a rather solitary life so it's likely she contracted it either during a routine post cancer operation examination or when one of the local health workers visited her. She'd started coughing a lot. I initially thought it might be bronchitis as she was prone to the infection. Her GP visited her a few times during the week prior and decided she had to be ambulanced to hospital. That was the last time I saw her alive.
I had to be tested but somehow, despite being in very close proximity on a daily basis, displayed no exposure antibodies in the test even though a good chunk of time had passed before being tested. I had no illness at all.

Several months later (around August) a friend of mine whom I'd been in contact with developed mild symptoms with Covid. He had contracted it in his workplace. Again I had to do the self-isolating thing. Again I had the test. And again I had no antibodies present.

Some time later, around September / October (I lose track of time since all the lock-downs) I was invited to take part in a test by the Royal London Hospital. I guess my GP had put forth my name. I was sent a self test kit, instructions, and a encrypted code to put the results on-line and complete a survey. I tested absolutely negative for a third time with no signs of having been exposed to the virus despite actually having been in close contact to two sufferers.

I've not heard a peep back from the Royal London for follow up tests or questions.
I think some of us must be naturally immune.
I've never ever had a cold either. I can be in a roomful of coughing splutterers and just won't get it myself. I've never had the flu either (although my mum had).
Do you know tonight's lottery numbers?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#33 Post by Dark Skies »

shugie wrote:
Do you know tonight's lottery numbers?
Yes. Whether their machines do is another matter.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
artiglio

#34 Post by artiglio »

There’s been a video on fb by Dr. Claire Craig and loads of other stuff on line , she has some interesting views/observations on covid testing and immunity, and has doubts on the way the tests and results have been used. The fb one i watched was well worth seeking out. make your own mind up as to its validity.

PCR claims
Dr. Clare Craig
In conversation wirh Jeffrey Peel
shugie
Past Supporter

#35 Post by shugie »

artiglio wrote:There’s been a video on fb by Dr. Claire Craig and loads of other stuff on line , she has some interesting views/observations on covid testing and immunity, and has doubts on the way the tests and results have been used. The fb one i watched was well worth seeking out. make your own mind up as to its validity.

PCR claims
Dr. Clare Craig
In conversation wirh Jeffrey Peel
From "lockdown sceptics" - not at all biased then.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#36 Post by Pete »

Well everyone is "biased" to some degree, especially if they've already formed an unshakeable opinion.
On the other hand, an informed discussion among qualified people can only be a good thing, even if their conclusions don't agree with yours.
Think keeping an open mind............with this pandemic, only time will tell if anything is really going to work.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
shugie
Past Supporter

#37 Post by shugie »

Pete wrote:Well everyone is "biased" to some degree, especially if they've already formed an unshakeable opinion.
On the other hand, an informed discussion among qualified people can only be a good thing, even if their conclusions don't agree with yours.
Think keeping an open mind............with this pandemic, only time will tell if anything is really going to work.

Pete
I'd agree, but for the fact a lot of people claiming to be qualified aren't. And are just expressing their opinions rather than presenting an informed discussion.
Chuck

#38 Post by Chuck »

SHugie - the mind is like a parachute - it works best when open!

If you discount all opinions then how can you form one?

Anyway, look forward to your ciovid passports that will be coming anytime now.

Totally stupid idea because being jabbed does not make you or those around you any safer - you can still contract or transmit. Of course it is certaily NOT IMMUNISATION, despite what SAGE advisers say!

Joebama is ramping up the hype now - he even managed to get BUILD BACK BETTER into his speech in his first few minutes...what a coincidence - not!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#39 Post by Pippin89 »

Chuck wrote: Totally stupid idea because being jabbed does not make you or those around you any safer - you can still contract or transmit.
Think you have missed the point of vaccines all together... The point of a vaccine is to reduce the time that you are infectious for. Yes you can still catch and transmit it after having the vaccine but you are infectious for 1 or 2 days rather than 10 days. Therefore, you infect less people and the rate of transmission starts decreasing instead of increasing as it is currently.
shugie
Past Supporter

#40 Post by shugie »

Chuck wrote:SHugie - the mind is like a parachute - it works best when open!

If you discount all opinions then how can you form one?

Anyway, look forward to your ciovid passports that will be coming anytime now.

Totally stupid idea because being jabbed does not make you or those around you any safer - you can still contract or transmit. Of course it is certaily NOT IMMUNISATION, despite what SAGE advisers say!

Joebama is ramping up the hype now - he even managed to get BUILD BACK BETTER into his speech in his first few minutes...what a coincidence - not!
I can form an opinion based on scientific facts, not the opinions of experts in other fields other than the one they are presenting themselves as knowledgeable about.

Being jabbed can make you very much safer, there's plenty of evidence from both the initial trials that those in the control group who caught covid were at least twice as likely to have severe symptoms than those who had the vaccine. Some in the control groups died, very few people who have been vaccinated have died of covid. So yes, you can still contract covid, but the symptoms will be less, less coughing means less spreading.