Perspective

Moderator: dromia

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Perspective

#11 Post by Pete »

It's still less than 1% of the population, even in London...........who knows how many have died on account of the gov prioritising this over everything else that kills us??

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#12 Post by snayperskaya »

So what are you saying Pete?, that we should just carry on as normal, as in pre-COVID normal, despite the fact it has caused nearly 2 million excess deaths globally so far?.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Scenario...we ignore the virus and the NHS is doing its best to keep up.

At some point I suspect the NHS will have more on their plate than they can cope with and will have to turn C-19 patients away plus the rest of the population.

Meanwhile NHS staff is dying. Old people are dying. We saw this at the start before measures were put in place.

Or we deal with the virus as we have done so far. I prefer the latter. At least this way we have some form of control.

It will take until the end of next year to get back to some sort of "normal", is my guess.
The people with long C-19 - well only time will tell.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

Here is a plan, stop the tier system and everyone back to work start of next year. well those that want to work and have not got too used to their furlough payments. Yes of course the NHS will fail at some point and a few people will die but it is only 0.1% so what is the worse that can happen? :(
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
RDC

#15 Post by RDC »

The thing to consider is that transmission would have been much more widespread if there were no lockdowns. Therefore more deaths, and long-term problems for many more people.

It's at 0.1% because of the measures put in place.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#16 Post by Dellboy »

at 0,1% 68000 people die who knows how many people will need long covid care , and if it shuts down major hospitals i gues the 68 k could rapidly increase to a death toll of a lot higher
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Sim G
Past Supporter

#17 Post by Sim G »

Work of predictive modellers when studying what the potential infection and death rate would have been if there had not been lockdowns, is very sobering.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#18 Post by GeeRam »

Sim G wrote:Work of predictive modellers when studying what the potential infection and death rate would have been if there had not been lockdowns, is very sobering.
Only for those that grasp such information.....which sadly seems to be all too few in the UK.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#19 Post by Pete »

Work of predictive modellers when studying what the potential infection and death rate would have been if the population had applied common sense, would also have been interesting...........

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/18/british- ... -12415650/

Watch the video...........proud to be British? 5mith

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

RDC wrote:The thing to consider is that transmission would have been much more widespread if there were no lockdowns. Therefore more deaths, and long-term problems for many more people.

It's at 0.1% because of the measures put in place.
I wholeheartedly agree. I also wonder just what this countries fatality figures would have been if people had actually exercised a modicum of caution and common sense.

As an aside I read today that three hospitals are now at breaking point :(
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal