Local Lockdown Powers Until 17th of July

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Local Lockdown Powers Until 17th of July

#11 Post by shugie »

Christel wrote:So essentially despite it being lock down 3 companies are allowed to stay open as long as they adhere to the guidelines.

I was thinking it is not as quiet as in the first lock down, it really is very confusing...

We are closed to the public as we are not essential and coming to see us is not essential travel. Apart from pest control and game keepers we see no one.
Some of the businesses I provide IT support to are beginning to drift back to their offices, and some never left them. This lockdown is nothing like the one last year, but still a long way off normal, sort of half lockdown for a lot of things, some schools are close to half full.

All of which is understandable from an economic perspective, but some businesses are now shut and won't be coming back.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

Just received the usual email about shielding, this time until the 31st of March.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#13 Post by Pippin89 »

snayperskaya wrote:
Christel wrote:So essentially despite it being lock down 3 companies are allowed to stay open as long as they adhere to the guidelines.

I was thinking it is not as quiet as in the first lock down, it really is very confusing...

We are closed to the public as we are not essential and coming to see us is not essential travel. Apart from pest control and game keepers we see no one.
The company I work for is running pretty much as normal, with measures in place, because the automotive manufacturers we supply are still producing.There’s an awful lot of cars being sold somewhere despite the pandemic!.
Very similar to my place by the sounds of it. Office staff such as myself are working from home where possible but some of what I do requires being in the office. We have just separated each office into 2 or 3 bubbles so if someone get it, it wont take out entire departments. This was necessary after the directors all caught it from having a board meeting in a small room with no masks etc, and spread it round the entire company!
But for shop floor workers who can't do any of their job from home, nothing has changed for them. Still working as they were before albeit with masks and hand sanitising regularly etc.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

As predicted looks like the betting is we'll be 'fully' open by July and should be able to resume shooting in April :good:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-May.html
DVC
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#15 Post by Pete »

Jumping the gun a bit?.....are they not supposed to be announcing anything until next Monday?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#16 Post by dromia »

Just another example of this government being an exemplary model of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#17 Post by Pete »

What about "Illusory Superiority", as researched by Van Yperen and Buunk, in 1991............? :run:

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....