Local Lockdown Powers Until 17th of July

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Local Lockdown Powers Until 17th of July

#1 Post by Christel »

Government quietly changes law to give councils lockdown powers until July 17 this year
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... wn-powers/

Does that mean that the nation will be in lockdown until mid Summer or that local authorities can decide not to lock the county down?

BTW...the headline is wrong (as per usual) as the law has been in place for quite some time. I was just wondering about the above.

any????
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Local Lockdown Powers Until 17th of July

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

Boris is asking MPs to agree to a six month renewal of the Government’s so-called Henry VIII emergency powers as well......if we are still in lockdown come mid summer the economy will be screwed due to the number of businesses that’ll have gone bump by then!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Egg on Leggs1
Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club

#3 Post by Egg on Leggs1 »

For the little that it is worth Trumpson has said that there will be review at the end of this shut down and that after that there may be areas that can incrementally come out.
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

So they say that the South African variant is very likely endemic in the UK...could someone please tell me how that happened now that we are in lock down?

Does anyone adhere to the lock down rules? Someone must be out there to spread this variant.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

Christel wrote:So they say that the South African variant is very likely endemic in the UK...could someone please tell me how that happened now that we are in lock down?

Does anyone adhere to the lock down rules? Someone must be out there to spread this variant.
we arent in lockdown, the economy would die if we were.
its a balancing act and one that the Government have been a bit wobbly about, however the numbers are generally coming down
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

Well, officially we are in lock down...
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

Whatever they're going to do they know they'll have to do it before the weather gets nice again (I imagine they'll all be doing rain/cold dances everyday in the run up to April) because they know there'll be significant 'protesting'/rioting if they don't.
DVC
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#8 Post by snayperskaya »

Christel wrote:Well, officially we are in lock down...
.......whilst I’m going to work in a factory with hundreds of other people every day handling components that come in from all over the place including Europe, India and China etc!.As much as one can try to wash/sanitise hands regularly it is impossible to do it every time something is handled.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

So essentially despite it being lock down 3 companies are allowed to stay open as long as they adhere to the guidelines.

I was thinking it is not as quiet as in the first lock down, it really is very confusing...

We are closed to the public as we are not essential and coming to see us is not essential travel. Apart from pest control and game keepers we see no one.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#10 Post by snayperskaya »

Christel wrote:So essentially despite it being lock down 3 companies are allowed to stay open as long as they adhere to the guidelines.

I was thinking it is not as quiet as in the first lock down, it really is very confusing...

We are closed to the public as we are not essential and coming to see us is not essential travel. Apart from pest control and game keepers we see no one.
The company I work for is running pretty much as normal, with measures in place, because the automotive manufacturers we supply are still producing.There’s an awful lot of cars being sold somewhere despite the pandemic!.