So who has had to work as normal since pandemic started

Moderator: dromia

toffe wrapper

So who has had to work as normal since pandemic started

#1 Post by toffe wrapper »

I and my fantastic OH have worked every shift / Day as normal since the pandemic hit. Taking holiday ( at home) etc for a rest and recharge. No working from home no furlough just crack on. We had letters issued to us during lock down 1, to show police if we were stopped while traveling to work. OH walks 2.5 miles to work to avoid public transport, then waits for me to pick her up each night. If I can't pick her up as planned she walks 2.5 miles home.

We are not NHS, super educated or any one special. Just 2 little people who happen to work for companies that are deemed vital.

So to every one who has had to go in every day regardless of lockdown furlough etc.

Stay safe & thank you

TW
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: So who has had to work as normal since pandemic started

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

same as you. the only thing we have instigated at a local team level, that anyone above our immediate manger isn't acutely aware of, is getting some extra time off. basically we are a team of 4 and immediate manager works onsite with us. usually the 4 of us work shift, 4 days on days, 4 days off, 4 days on nights, 4 days off repeat... and the manager works 8 hrs, 5 days a week. we have shifted during lockdowns only, so that we dont have 2 ppl in unless needed on day shifts. so manager is working 4 days, 12hrs. 4 on, 4 off, and we all do 2days on, 6 (or 4) days off, 4 nights on, 4 (or 6) days off.
so we basically all get an extra 2 days off per cycle. to prevent one of us getting it, passing it to him, then him passing to everyone else.
so far we have had 1 guy off for 2 weeks after a family member had a pos test. one with 2 weeks off for pos test following contact from symptom shower, no symptoms for him. and one guy on his 3rd self isolation for contact, all neg tests.
i haven't had any time off so far due to it.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
toffe wrapper

#3 Post by toffe wrapper »

So you normally do 4 on 4 off days & nights, but now do 4 on 6 of when possible getting more time off.
Which is not working as normal.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

I am classed as a key worker. I have documentation to show the Police that allows me to travel to and from work.
Some of my work I can do from home the Company has installed an office in a spare bedroom with internet acces a telephone and a computer.
The facility has continued running 24 hours a day through out. The shift team works 4 on and 4 off. Strict Covid precautions have been put in place.
toffe wrapper

#5 Post by toffe wrapper »

Just to add clarity

I asked who has been working as normal, not bit who is key worker not who can do bit at home bit at work, odd day odd day off able to work from home.

I have a colleague who lives in same street as me who has not had to go to site since 23rd March 2020.
Same company same division not same need to be on site.

Basically the poor bloody infantry.

P.S I class most I.T in my company as W*** taking all praise while doing it all by remote

TW
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

toffe wrapper wrote:So you normally do 4 on 4 off days & nights, but now do 4 on 6 of when possible getting more time off.
Which is not working as normal.
yes, but only during full lockdown. as soon as lockdown was lifted the first time round, we went back to normal. then when this lockdown announced, we started it up again in Jan
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
toffe wrapper

#7 Post by toffe wrapper »

bradaz11
So you have clearly not worked as normal since pandemic started.
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

toffe wrapper wrote:Just to add clarity

I asked who has been working as normal, not bit who is key worker not who can do bit at home bit at work, odd day odd day off able to work from home.

I have a colleague who lives in same street as me who has not had to go to site since 23rd March 2020.

P.S I class most I.T in my company as W*** taking all praise while doing it all by remote

TW
I dont work in IT but I know from experience a lot of people who are working from home would not be able to if not for there support.
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

toffe wrapper wrote:Just to add clarity

TW
As I said in my reply the shift teams have continued to work 24 hours a day throughout with Covid precautions in place. My role has not changed I do not need to be on the premises to carry out my role. My job is to manage and make sure the shift team can continue to carry out there day to day duties.(Its a research facility) I can either do it from home or go in to work nothing has changed I have always had those options.
BamBam

#10 Post by BamBam »

Apart from a period of being out of work nothing has changed for me, except wearing a mask just about every site I work on.