Vaccination and public/private coercion

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Vaccination and public/private coercion

#41 Post by Alpha1 »

dromia wrote:If they want to give me a wee card with my name, vaccination date and details at time of inoculation fine, if someone wants to see it fine but if it is digital only then they can feck off. Why do people make the totally wrong assumption that everyone chooses to be a mobile phone carrier and user, such an assumption is arrogant and ignorant, why should people who choose not to use the corrupt and data thieving digital phone companies and networks be penalised?
They give you a wee card it has the NHS logo on it. Your name the date you had it and the type of vaccine you were given. You can chuck it in the bin on the way out if you want to.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#42 Post by dromia »

So covid passports are being issued already then contrary to the grubbyments confused messages?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#43 Post by Pippin89 »

dromia wrote:So covid passports are being issued already then contrary to the grubbyments confused messages?
The vaccine card isn't intended as a "covid passport" or proof of vaccination. It is used a reminder of what vaccine you had and when you had it. It means you can get the correct vaccine at the correct time for the second dose.
Of course in the event someone is unable to provide a digital proof of vaccination it may be considered an alternative by some but I am guessing. And certainly won't be legitimate proof.
Pippin89

#44 Post by Pippin89 »

Christel wrote:
Plumose wrote:As I understand it there is a greater chance of a reaction to the vaccination if you have had Covid, due to the existing antibodies reacting.
Thought the anties went away after awhile?
They don't go away as such, but their number wane during inactivity. The strength of the immunity depends on the seriousness of the infection. If you got away lightly with mild, short lasting symptoms your antibody levels will be low and will wane quickly and your body will find it harder to recognise the same virus in order to ramp up the production of antibodies. The same reason we are able to get colds over and over again.
If you were hit harder and suffered badly with covid, your antibody reaction will be stronger, longer lasting and your body will recognise it more easily.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#45 Post by dromia »

Pippin89 wrote:
dromia wrote:So covid passports are being issued already then contrary to the grubbyments confused messages?
And certainly won't be legitimate proof.
So you are saying "legitimate" proof can only be digital?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Christel
Site Admin

#46 Post by Christel »

Passports?
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#47 Post by Plumose »

Pippin89 wrote:
Christel wrote:
Plumose wrote:As I understand it there is a greater chance of a reaction to the vaccination if you have had Covid, due to the existing antibodies reacting.
Thought the anties went away after awhile?
They don't go away as such, but their number wane during inactivity. The strength of the immunity depends on the seriousness of the infection. If you got away lightly with mild, short lasting symptoms your antibody levels will be low and will wane quickly and your body will find it harder to recognise the same virus in order to ramp up the production of antibodies. The same reason we are able to get colds over and over again.
If you were hit harder and suffered badly with covid, your antibody reaction will be stronger, longer lasting and your body will recognise it more easily.

They have shown that there are antibodies still around at least 6 months after a mild infection, so it is definitely possible to have been asymptomatic and have antibodies months later.

Another reason we keep getting colds is they evolve quickly so by the time it has been through a couple of people it might have changed enough for it not to be recognisable to the existing antibodies
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Pippin89

#48 Post by Pippin89 »

dromia wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:
And certainly won't be legitimate proof.
So you are saying "legitimate" proof can only be digital?
Definitely not. But the vaccine cards are hand written cards that are very easily forged so are not a viable way of "proving" you have had the vaccine.
Plumose wrote:
Another reason we keep getting colds is they evolve quickly so by the time it has been through a couple of people it might have changed enough for it not to be recognisable to the existing antibodies
Yes, also true of flu. Flu we are able to vaccinate against the annual strains though as the antibodies work more effectively. Colds we can't really vaccinate for the reasons I mentioned above.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#49 Post by Sim G »

There is already a booming trade in false Covid test certificates for those travelling.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#50 Post by Sandgroper »

Plumose wrote: They have shown that there are antibodies still around at least 6 months after a mild infection, so it is definitely possible to have been asymptomatic and have antibodies months later.

Most of the scientific reports/reviews/articles I've read appear to indicate to antibody levels and duration are dependant on how severe the infection was in the first place...if you've had a severe case of covid, antibodies start to fade after 6 months and after 3 months if it's a mild or asymptomatic infection. Then again, I've read reports of antibodies fading after 4 weeks and cases of "super resistors" were antibodies are still strong after 9 months.

The information I'm waiting for, is what are the minimum antibody levels needed to provide protection and how long it takes to drop below them?
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.