NHS Covid vaccination web site??

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Re: NHS Covid vaccination web site??

#11 Post by Christel »

micken, which one did you get?

Do let us know how you are during the week.
PeterN

#12 Post by PeterN »

I had a phone call from the GP surgery offering me a Thursday afternoon or anytime Friday appointment for the next week. I took the Thursday afternoon, they gave me a time and that was it. It was at a vaccination centre three miles away. Parking just outside of the entrance, two or three minute queue to one of six booking in booths, gave date of birth and name and given a form. Out to waiting area for one of the jab booths to be free. Less than five minutes and shown to jab booth. Got stabbed and then into waiting are where you had to sit for fifteen minutes in case you had a reaction to the jab and then home. It was very efficient. A steady stream of people going in and out. No mention of the second dose. I got a letter from the NHS the day after I had the jab urging me to book an appointment.
Regards
Peter
CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#13 Post by CraigH »

Polchraine wrote: Seeing CraigH comments which included a suggestion of 45 minutes - I was in the building for under 5 minutes before sitting in my car for 15 minutes. If tghey are suggesting 45 minutes to get through then they cannot be doing an effective or efficient job.
I think the 45 mins they have quoted must be worst case scenario, my wife was in and out in approx 15 mins, apparently you have to wait a bit longer if you have allergies to ensure you don't have an averse reaction.
jjvc

#14 Post by jjvc »

Adam, my GP surgery got in touch last week and offered me a choice of two slots for today, I took the early one this morning and was done and dusted in half an hour. I would say wait to hear from your surgery and hope they are as efficient as mine.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

Same here my GP surgery rang me and offered me a slot all done and dusted in 30 minutes plenty of free parking outside the centre were I had it done. I got the official letter two days later offering me a slot miles away. I would go with your GP surgery if you can.
micken
Home club or Range: Yorkshire Shooting Centre, Huddersfield

#16 Post by micken »

Christel wrote:micken, which one did you get?

Do let us know how you are during the week.
Pfizer.

Absolutely no sensation of needle going in. As I'm typing this right now the muscle group that was injected is a bit tender but there's no external signs. Everything else absolutely fine.

Cheers,

Mick
Polchraine

#17 Post by Polchraine »

My arm is little tender too - AZ vaccine. Yesterday evening I had a quite a few small itchy patches on my chest and back, nothing visible, and checking the information, no mention. So was it the vaccine or something else? Have been fine all day too.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#18 Post by bnz41 »

Got my letter yesterday, went onto the NHS website to book a date, nothing local in Essex apart from Colchester which is miles away. It looks at your location and finds a centre nearest in a straight line so that will be Kent over the QE bridge or London.

Looked on the local NHS website centre 2.8 miles away booked for Wednesday next week. Sorted

Will let you know how it goes.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Our GP is literally a 90 second downhill walk, the worst part for me was negotiating the ice and snow. Looking back on it, I think I was slightly out of kilter for 2-3 days, nothing serious, I just ached a bit and slept incredibly well. That was the Oxford vaccine.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

I'd steer (ho ho ho) clear of driving through central Newcastle, especially around the station for fear of being caught by their not-at-all-dodgy instant fine bus lanes. I'd get the train from Chester-le-Street. 10mins each way, no stops and a 2 minute walk from the station to the Centre for Life.
DVC