NHS Covid vaccination web site??

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: NHS Covid vaccination web site??

#21 Post by dromia »

Your point about Newcastle anti car layout is very relevant.

Unfortunately the trains are too unreliable especially when you have to be somewhere for a specific time. I worked in Newcastle for 10 years and tried all the public transport options and they were all a disaster for various reasons.

I think the local GP surgery is the best option.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#22 Post by bnz41 »

Just got back home from having the vaccine all seems Ok so far. Place was very busy.

& they make you pay car parking minimum price is £1.20 for the first hour. Disgraceful.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#23 Post by shugie »

Although the NHS website says you've got to be 64 and over, I'm 62 and was able to get a jab in Basingrad this evening when I booked last night. I think they have some spare capacity to be used up. The Basingrad vaccination centre is in the fire station, and it was a fireman that jabbed me. I had my 3M respirator mask on, the only mask that doesn't cause my glasses to steam up, and he said they got issued those as well, although he just had the standard blue mask.
All very organised, quite quiet just gone 7pm, they could do 12 people at a time by the look of it, and apparently had been manic earlier, but I didn't have to wait at all, bit of duplication in data gathering for some reason, but I was in there for just shy of five minutes, got the AZ so was allowed out straight away.
If you are over 60, try booking on the NHS site even if you've not been invited yet.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#24 Post by Lancs Lad »

micken wrote:Text from my GP practice 12th Feb inviting me to book a slot with NHS that they linked to. Took me less than two minutes to book via the link for 2.40pm slot today at an immunisation centre a few miles from home. Confirmation text from GP and NHS, Covid check questionnaire from GP. Confirmation from GP to attend. Attended today 35 minutes from being dropped off by wife and back to car, the receptionist was one from my own GP.

Clockwork.
My experience exactly! The whole process was slick and very well organised and I believe that from when I entered the building until the time I left, it took around 20 minutes. Every person involved, the car parking attendants, the admin folks, nurses and guides deserve a pat on the back for a job well done.

:flag13: LL
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#25 Post by Dark Skies »

I was surprised to get a call from my surgery last week offering me a jab as I'm not in the at risk / of a certain age group. I'm guessing they still have me down as a carer even though mum fell off the twig last year. Popped into the surgery today. All went very smoothly. Given a card for my follow up jab and a pamphlet and given a seat for fifteen minutes. Then toddled off for my usual three mile walk over the fields with my dog. Nothing to report by way of side effects or anything to signify I'd had a jab at all.
In a few days time I fully expect to get a letter from the NHS reminding me to have the first jab - their paperwork is shocking.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#26 Post by Pete »

Covid questionnaire? I was just asked at the door if I'd had any symptoms............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#27 Post by Dark Skies »

Pete wrote:Covid questionnaire? I was just asked at the door if I'd had any symptoms............

Pete
Were you not asked if you were on any medication, blood thinners, and similar related questions?
I was even asked if I wanted to go ahead after they listed possible side effects.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."