Have you been offered, accepted/declined the vaccine

Moderator: dromia

Have you had a C19 vaccine?

No, I have not been offered the jab yet.
13%
Offered and had the jab.
74%
Offered and declined the jab.
10%
Other.
3%

Total votes: 94

strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

Re: Have you been offered, accepted/declined the vaccine

#41 Post by strangesam »

What Sandgroper said..

I had my first dose of AZ/Oxford on Tuesday (and have just started feeling vaguely human again after a rather horrible 24 hrs)..

I'm not planning on relaxing any precautions until 3 weeks have passed, and not relaxing seriously until 3 weeks after my second dose (probably in June).

And by relax, I mean leaving the house to visit friends in the park, or go to the range socially distanced.

COVID and its variants will be with us for years, and until we have had a decade or so of regular vaccinations of the world population, it will be problematic.

Sandgroper wrote:
Alpha1 wrote: By the end of the year every one and his dog will have been jabbed so who will care.
I really despair when I see/hear that sort of thing - it shows a lack of understanding of what the vaccines can and can't do and I lay a lot of the blame and the door of the Govt, the media and the NHS. I seem to be constantly reminding staff that if you've been vaccinated that
1) You can still catch Covid 19,
2) You can still spread Covid 19
3) It only reduces the risk of a severe case of Covid 19 and the chances of hospitalisation and
4) We don't know long the protection lasts for, so precautions are still required.

This sort of thing is probably a contributing factor to a current outbreak of Covid in a non Covid ward in a nearby Hospital.

BTW I had my first AZ jab 10 days ago...
mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

#42 Post by mikygpu »

Apparently I had Covid.
I had it in April last year. I had the worst 10-14 days of my life. It was a man flu time 50 to 100. Then I tested positive after 2 months and I have donated plasma (blood) for vaccine in September last year.
And I had my vaccine on 4.3.21. I had 24 hours of the above but much milder.

What bugs me is the ignorance of ppl claiming vaccine kills and modifies DNA and so on.

To clarify, I graduated Forestry Uni (5 years of study) and to go in I had to pass an exam on Biology. Part of the curriculum in Uni is Biology - 3 years, Bio-Chemistry - 3 years, Bio-physics - 3 years, Diseases pathology - 3 years. So I know few bits of viruses and I had to play with microscopes and electronic microscopes and Petri dishes. For plants, yes, but nevertheless I know few things about RNA, DNA, and so on. And yes, plants do have diseases and they do have viruses and cancers, pretty much the same as Animal life.

So back to virus and DNA.
Yes, viral RNA has been a drive and a source of DNA evolution for 4 billion years. It is 4 BILLION with a B. Or for numbers, is 4.000.000.000 YEARS. And they were here 1st. To simplify:
Viruses were the first form of life on earth. Then 2 viruses combined and made DNA. Then that become single cell organism. And from there evolution went on.

But to say that a RNA will modify your DNA from a vaccine IN THE NEXT years is like saying you can easily fire a 7mm head in a .30cal rifle. Or you can take the engine off a Ferrari and put it in a Ford. It can be done but it needs adaptations, modifications and so on.
A virus might add some info from a gene or part of a gene to DNA but that will be in many many many years. But that is a good thing because both virus and cell WANTS TO SURVIVE! WANTS TO LIVE. Same as we. We live through our children, and so is the virus.

RNA and DNA are not readily compatible. There are some little guys inside the cell called Ribosomes which are responsible for decoding and replicating DNA. Yes, if they get sidetracked then they replicate errors and things go bad. However there is another thing that checks on this guys and the work they do.
As a comparison, when a baby formed in womb, during the 9 months HAS 17 to 37 million TO 1 chances for EVERYTHING to go wrong and over 1 billion TO 1 chance for one particular thing to go wrong. And yet a high percentage of babies come out pretty healthy and normal.

And even if the virus RNA gets to add to DNA, in long term is called evolution. Yes, some will have adverse reaction to certain parts of the vaccine. Nothing is perfect and for thousands of years we lived with this Damocles sword above us. It is in the last few years, about 50 or so, when we become more and more conscious about us and we started to understood diseases and viruses and so on. And it is within last 100 years we cured diseases for good with vaccines.

Just saying....
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
Socrates

I am here to learn!
Nobody was born knowledgeable...Except Jesus!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#43 Post by dodgyrog »

I had the AZ jab with subsequent reactions lasting a few days.
Having read about the danger of blood clotting I doubt i will take any more shots!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
strangesam

#44 Post by strangesam »

dodgyrog wrote:I had the AZ jab with subsequent reactions lasting a few days.
Having read about the danger of blood clotting I doubt i will take any more shots!
Firstly, the risk of bloodclots from the vaccine is less than that of taking several versions of the contraceptive pill, which a significant proportion of the population do every day.

Secondly, the cause of many of those vaccine related bloodclots may have been found, poorly trained people giving the vaccine intravenously rather than intramuscularly by mistake (abstract of medical paper)

I agree the side effects are horrible, but having had Covid, and having been broken by it (500m is a very very long way for me to walk now, and requires a rest day the next day due to long covid). The side effects from my first dose of the vaccine are a tiny fraction of the actual disease.
Polchraine

#45 Post by Polchraine »

strangesam wrote:
Secondly, the cause of many of those vaccine related bloodclots may have been found, poorly trained people giving the vaccine intravenously rather than intramuscularly by mistake (abstract of medical paper)
Do you have a link to it? My wife has an interest in it - former head of medical research in a healthcare company.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
strangesam

#46 Post by strangesam »

Of course now can't find it, was on research gate,

Have found the article which lead me to it (in danish I think, I used google translate)

https://www.berlingske.dk/nyheder/dansk ... lodpropper
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#47 Post by stottycake »

Had my AZ jab yesterday, no side effects here,
Christel
Site Admin

#48 Post by Christel »

Sandgroper wrote:
Alpha1 wrote: By the end of the year every one and his dog will have been jabbed so who will care.
I really despair when I see/hear that sort of thing - it shows a lack of understanding of what the vaccines can and can't do and I lay a lot of the blame and the door of the Govt, the media and the NHS. I seem to be constantly reminding staff that if you've been vaccinated that
1) You can still catch Covid 19,
2) You can still spread Covid 19
3) It only reduces the risk of a severe case of Covid 19 and the chances of hospitalisation and
4) We don't know long the protection lasts for, so precautions are still required.

This sort of thing is probably a contributing factor to a current outbreak of Covid in a non Covid ward in a nearby Hospital.

BTW I had my first AZ jab 10 days ago...
Spot on - not much will change around here, I will still be shielding for the foreseeable future.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#49 Post by phaedra1106 »

Had my first (AZ) on Feb 22nd, all very straightforward but no date yet for second. I assume I got it for either being over 60 with lots of health issues and/or being a full time carer for my Autistic adult son.

No real after effects apart from a sore arm for a couple of days.

I've also been more grumpy and less tolerant of idiots, but that may just be an age thing or dealing with more idiots than normal :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

#50 Post by mikygpu »

strangesam wrote:
dodgyrog wrote:I had the AZ jab with subsequent reactions lasting a few days.
Firstly, the risk of bloodclots from the vaccine is less than that of taking several versions of the contraceptive pill, which a significant proportion of the population do every day.

I agree the side effects are horrible, but having had Covid, and having been broken by it (500m is a very very long way for me to walk now, and requires a rest day the next day due to long covid). The side effects from my first dose of the vaccine are a tiny fraction of the actual disease.
WELL SAID!
You can have a a higher risk of blood cots from drinking too much red wine than the vaccine.
But as it is now days everything is scaremongers and they all play into ppl's fears, the AZ vaccine is bad rep for a political reason. Don't know which, but there is an agenda.
I always take everything with a pinch of salt and, as insane as it sounds, I have stopped listening to news in 2009. So I listen to my Spotify, I watch Netflix and appletv and amazontv. therefore I kinda live in my bubble and my life has not gotten worst. In fact it got better. I am more inclined to not believe everything I hear, I research everything from more than 3 sources. And always I read bad/negative reviews.
And all this comes from the time I worked for SkyNews in return feed room. For those who don't know what that is, basically is the room where we were responsible for receiving the feeds from reporting teams in field. So I saw 1st hand footage that later made it in the news room. And everything was totally made up in news room.
Just saying....
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
Socrates

I am here to learn!
Nobody was born knowledgeable...Except Jesus!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)