Have you been offered, accepted/declined the vaccine

Moderator: dromia

Have you had a C19 vaccine?

No, I have not been offered the jab yet.
13%
Offered and had the jab.
74%
Offered and declined the jab.
10%
Other.
3%

Total votes: 94

Christel
Site Admin

Re: Have you been offered, accepted/declined the vaccine

#51 Post by Christel »

Strangesam posted a Danish link mentioning the way the vaccine is given is perhaps the cause of the blood clots instead of the vaccine itself.

So is that a squeeze or a stretch?
Attachments
BoGetsVac.jpg
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#52 Post by shugie »

Christel wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:
Alpha1 wrote: By the end of the year every one and his dog will have been jabbed so who will care.
I really despair when I see/hear that sort of thing - it shows a lack of understanding of what the vaccines can and can't do and I lay a lot of the blame and the door of the Govt, the media and the NHS. I seem to be constantly reminding staff that if you've been vaccinated that
1) You can still catch Covid 19,
2) You can still spread Covid 19
3) It only reduces the risk of a severe case of Covid 19 and the chances of hospitalisation and
4) We don't know long the protection lasts for, so precautions are still required.

This sort of thing is probably a contributing factor to a current outbreak of Covid in a non Covid ward in a nearby Hospital.

BTW I had my first AZ jab 10 days ago...
Spot on - not much will change around here, I will still be shielding for the foreseeable future.
Very wise, the government said shielding finishes at the end of this month, but we are still going to protect our daughter. For those occasions where I do need to go out, I have a 3M half mask with the highest rate filters and some medical mask filter on the outlet. Which has the double advantage of not squashing my lips or steaming my glasses up.
Careful now/that sort of thing
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#53 Post by shugie »

phaedra1106 wrote:Had my first (AZ) on Feb 22nd, all very straightforward but no date yet for second. I assume I got it for either being over 60 with lots of health issues and/or being a full time carer for my Autistic adult son.

No real after effects apart from a sore arm for a couple of days.

I've also been more grumpy and less tolerant of idiots, but that may just be an age thing or dealing with more idiots than normal :good:
There's been a very high yield on the idiot crop this year.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#54 Post by Vossie »

Just had my jab, I shield my son with complex needs last year. Went back to work in Jan on the front line in some distant land. Before Jan was out, very I'll, told Ihad the flu and have some painkillers. End up in hospital end result pneumonia, by the time i got into hospital, my wife had was very bad. Drag myself out and called her an ambulance, she tested positive. It was a nightmare for many logistical and medical reasons, but my son never had a sniff. Must be the s*** tonne of medication he is on.
So on the mend, but definitely damaged by this and back to work on Friday.
Bright side the range is open on 30th.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#55 Post by kennyc »

Christel wrote:Strangesam posted a Danish link mentioning the way the vaccine is given is perhaps the cause of the blood clots instead of the vaccine itself.

So is that a squeeze or a stretch?
Nah just a prick shakeshout
Lampuki

#56 Post by Lampuki »

Had my first on Friday and second booked in for the 4th of June.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#57 Post by Geek »

I had mine Thursday afternoon (AstraZeneca), felt OK until Friday evening, then awful for the rest of Friday (went to bed early) and all of Saturday (went to bed early). Finally felt much better Sunday morning.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

#58 Post by FB66 »

Had my first jab last night. Been up since 3 am in Video Conf and no effect. Well organised and could not fault the volunteers.

Was made to wait 10 mins afterward as I was driving. Said to the volunteer watching me, "is that so they can tune in the 5G tracker? At least that way if I have TIA/ Clot and I walking around the town in my underpants this week the wife and government can find me."

My younger brother died of an embolism aged 30 post-chemo, just in case anyone takes offence.

When I told my so-called friends, I can't believe how many are anti-vaccination because they read somewhere....
Stay safe
Polchraine

#59 Post by Polchraine »

What seems to be different depending on where you live and which "scheme" GP or NHS you receive the vaccine under is the second appointment.

I have been told I will be contacted in 10 weeks, my brother likewise, various relatives and friends have been given an appointment 2 weeks later (changed to 12), or 10 or 12 weeks. There does not seem to be a common process or methodology.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Whizzbang

#60 Post by Whizzbang »

Had first Pfizer/Biontech 8/12/20, second dose 17/2/21. Wife has had both doses, too. Neither of us were particularly unwell with either dose.

The misinformation and scaremongering about the vaccines (and the conspiracy theories) is depressing.