Trump's Crazy Lab Leak Conspiracy Theory

Moderator: dromia

channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

Trump's Crazy Lab Leak Conspiracy Theory

#1 Post by channel12 »

Well it seems that Trump's (and others) Wuhan lab leak of Covid19 which the "experts" said was a racist conspiracy theory and wrong is now looking more and more the truth. The independent scientist who said it wasn't possible was part of an organisation funding gain of function research on bat corona viruses at the Wuhan laboratory and his organisation received American funding via Dr Fauci's government department.
I have linked the Telegraph articles

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/202 ... d-quickly/ and

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... dismissed/

The bat colonies are in Yunan province, 1500 Km from Wuhan and if the virus jumped from bats to animals there should be infected animals in Yunan , so far the animal vectors haven't been discovered.

Lab rats, not the rodent s but the nickname for laboratory technicians who do all the boring routine lab work, if anybody was going to get infected it's probably some low grade techie who looks after the humanised mice and who shopped at the market after work. We will never know because they will have disappeared from the records by now..
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Trump's Crazy Lab Leak Conspiracy Theory

#2 Post by Pete »

"They" seem determined to pin it on someone, (as if any of "them" are even remotely entitled to any moral high-ground........), and conspiracy theories sell newspapers.

It's unlikely that we'll ever get the truth. In the meantime, my money's on the opinion of the scientist from the Francis Crick Inst.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

I saw a cartoon the other day, Trump on one side saying C-19 was from a lab and being called a liar, Biden on the other side saying the same thing and being praised.

It would be funny if it was not so serious.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#4 Post by channel12 »

Let's imagine the bats live near Inverness but the first outbreak is in Penzance. There's no infected animal population around Inverness or initially people, the first cases appear in a market around 500 yards from a virus research lab.

And if I was a Western scientist who was funding gain of function on a virus that has killed 3 million people worldwide I would desperately trying to discredit the lab leak theory.
When you have eliminated the impossible what ever remains however improbable is the truth.
The one thing we will not get is a whistleblower from the lab.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#5 Post by Daryll »

I've said all along that my money was on a leak from the lab...As Channel 12 said, a lab worker got infected then went shopping on the way home.

I wonder if we'll ever find out the true death toll in China...
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#6 Post by shugie »

channel12 wrote:Let's imagine the bats live near Inverness but the first outbreak is in Penzance. There's no infected animal population around Inverness or initially people, the first cases appear in a market around 500 yards from a virus research lab.

And if I was a Western scientist who was funding gain of function on a virus that has killed 3 million people worldwide I would desperately trying to discredit the lab leak theory.
When you have eliminated the impossible what ever remains however improbable is the truth.
The one thing we will not get is a whistleblower from the lab.
Not unless you have some means of communicating with the dead. Anyone who knows what really happened has most likely been "vanished".
Careful now/that sort of thing
Pete
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Pete »

Let's not lose sight of the fact that there are 3000 known labs in the world all trying to brew up some form of biological weapon.........including us and the US, because "we have to, in case someone else gets one first".............maybe someone almost did, and maybe they didn't.

We'll never know, (unless there's another Snowden or Assange out there :run: ).

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#8 Post by Dark Skies »

OK, let's imagine the Orange Man was correct (something all Trumpophiles so desperately crave) what is any country going to do about it?
Bugger all. The Chinese have dominated most of the industrial world. They have a massive military might, including a very respectable nuclear arsenal, and they just don't give a flying f***. So what are you gonna do about it?
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#9 Post by Pippin89 »

Pete wrote:my money's on the opinion of the scientist from the Francis Crick Inst.

Pete
I'm with you there. Remarkable that his opinion is quoted by name, and opinions that fit the narrative of the story are "believed by many".... Its almost as if they couldn't find an actual scientist to quote that agrees with this story.
The only one that is quoted basically says it can't be ruled out yet...

On the quote of the coincidence that it happened to be near a lab researching Coronaviruses.... There are 600 labs that are appropriate for such research in the UK alone. Wherever it happened it was likely to be close enough for conspiracy theorists.
Pete
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Pete »

Yes, he put his hand up, and that carries a lot of weight.............

Pete