Mask or no mask

Moderator: dromia

channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

Mask or no mask

#1 Post by channel12 »

You will no longer be legally required to wear a face covering on public transport* and in shops etc. The question is will you still put your mask even though you are not required to cover your mouth and nose?

A) Are you mad man, of course I will I won't feel safe without my flimsy blue mask that provides me with no protection.

B) I will never feel safe so I will continue to wear my mask at all times outside my house, in shops, in the car on my own and out in street with nobody near me.

C) Yes, keeping my NBC suit on at all times.

D) Why would I wear a mask that offers me zero protection against the virus, I've had both vaccinations and have no reason to believe I'm an asymptomatic carrier. So if you all keep your masks on I will be fine.

* London Transport excepted
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Mask or no mask

#2 Post by Christel »

Now we know where you stand ;)

EDIT

Just remembered over on the Telegraph they are screaming blue murder about the masks.

Here when people walk in we say it is ok if you want to take the mask off, entirely up to you, some keep it on. Some people with glasses are very quick to take it off.
We have a counter at the front and some 1-3 meters between ourselves and the customer(s) depending on what we are doing, antigel everywhere.
The counter gets wiped down after every visit, has been like this from the start and will be like this for the foreseeable future.
I wear a mask when I go into the local shop and when our groceries are being delivered, the chap who delivers wears one as well.
Common sense me thinks. That I think is the point after July 19th, whatever makes sense to you - don't be pressured either way.

The masks I am wearing are either FFP2 or 3.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#3 Post by strangesam »

Fabric or surgical masks largely protect others...

So yes, I will still be wearing one, as it is entirely possible to have the disease without showing obvious symptoms (especially if you have been vaccinated) and spread it to others.

I will also be wearing a FFP2 or FFP3 mask when I feel I'm entering a high risk area, as those masks are very effective at protecting me.

Sounds like OP will be D) I'm an selfish git who doesn't care about protecting those around me.

(This subject may make me cross, as I appear to have been permanently disabled due to catching Covid).
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#4 Post by channel12 »

strangesam wrote: I will also be wearing a FFP2 or FFP3 mask when I feel I'm entering a high risk area, as those masks are very effective at protecting me.
I thinks that makes more sense, take precautions to protect your own health yourself and don't rely somebody's poorly worn mask.

It's bit like insisting that at the range everybody only shoots moderated .22's to protect your hearing instead of you wearing ear pro
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by Dark Skies »

To be frank I think come the 19th it's just going to get much worse in terms of Covid stats and things are going to go pear-shaped.
Additionally, I have an old west bandit style mask - I kinda like it. I look badass.
And finally, I really enjoy the anonymity the mask affords. I haven't been pestered for a chat by people I'd normally avoid if at all possible for almost two years.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by Pete »

What Dark Skies just said.............i don't think Joe Public will give a s**t about continuing to take even basic precautions after the "all clear", at least, not until bodies start appearing on street corners.
Surely anything's better than nothing...........I'll be keeping mine with me.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

channel12 wrote:
D) Why would I wear a mask that offers me zero protection against the virus, I've had both vaccinations and have no reason to believe I'm an asymptomatic carrier. So if you all keep your masks on I will be fine.
And this is precisely why we'll be back lock down come Autumn/Winter :good: teanews
DVC
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#8 Post by Pippin89 »

channel12 wrote: It's bit like insisting that at the range everybody only shoots moderated .22's to protect your hearing instead of you wearing ear pro
I would say its a bit more like keeping your gun pointed down range. You swing your muzzle round past everyone behind you and its really not putting you in danger but it is to everyone else.

I will keep wearing my mask indoors in shops etc. But I will stop wearing it outdoors where its been asked for in the past. School pick up mainly.

In far east countries, its already a norm to wear a mask when you have a cold or similar. Its a simple courtesy to protect others. Seems like a reasonable normality to adopt once Covid is finally behind us.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

at work? nope, or in social circles where you know each other, nope.

at supermarkets and other generally busy places, yep, mask will be back on. it MAY offer me little protection, but i'd rather some than none, and you never know, ppl may see me as a weirdo (i know, the irony) and steer clear of me, thinking I have it or something? giving me that social distancing thing that used to be called personal space, but was equally rare to see in public.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#10 Post by Airbrush »

Either the vaccines work or they don’t, I won’t be mask wearing.