Mask or no mask

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Mask or no mask

#81 Post by snayperskaya »

knewmans wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:
I understand those that are vunerable health-wise need protecting, and I agree with that and have no problem wearing a mask/social distancing around someone that is vulnerable .
So, there are some choices you are OK with being taken away as long as you already agree with them. But the vulnerable should make themselves known to you so you know when to wear a mask. Perhaps a sign round their neck or a yellow star somewhere.
I don't think any choices should be taken away, and I said "I" don't have a problem wearing a mask/social distancing around someone that is vulnerable......other people may feel differently and that is down to them.

The yellow star thing's a bit ofca cheap shot.......
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Christel
Site Admin

#82 Post by Christel »

I have lived with a weakened immune system for as long as I can remember, it sucks, easy as that.

Go into a busy pub, go home with the sniffles. Shopping, same thing.

So I don't do the above and I do not let people hug me either, no hand shake.

I have adjusted over a long period to live like this. Now, when it comes to ordinary colds, to me they are a nuisance but not life threatening.
I get the flu jab yearly because I am at risk.

Difference between the above and C-19 is that the latter is so contagious and in some cases deadly. Of course I have been double jabbed.
I will continue to live as above. I am not asking anyone to change the way they live, just think twice about spreading C-19.
knewmans

#83 Post by knewmans »

Apologies, your right
Ken
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#84 Post by snayperskaya »

knewmans wrote:Apologies, your right
No problem :good:

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#85 Post by snayperskaya »

I do wonder if, for many people, there is a level of detachment from Covid.....there is most likely a large number of people who have had no actual experience of Covid because they do not know anyone that has had it, or if they do it has been either someone that has tested positive and had no symptoms or has had very mild symptoms.

For those people the desire to ditch their masks etc and return to as near to pre-Covid days as they can would be much greater and this could be seen as being selfish and irresponsible to those that have more experience of Covid.....if that makes sense.

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#86 Post by Pete »

I haven't had any experience of C-19, and AFAIK, I don't know anyone who has......I got vaccinated as soon as I was able, and not being a touchy-feely type, social distancing has been business as usual for me.
I visited a large Lidl store today, and I'd say 80% of the customers (including me and mine), and all the staff were masked up and trying to keep their distance.
The remaining 20% evidently didn't give a s**t, pushing past people, crowding at the tills, a few with snotty little tykes in tow........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#87 Post by Christel »

Pete,
snotty little tykes
In my world they are known as petri dishes :)
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#88 Post by channel12 »

If you should wear a mask so as to protect others - ok.

But if you are pinged by the NHS app you must self isolate to protect others. Which would suggest that government doesn't really believe masks are that effective in preventing the spread of this virus. The mask is your comfort blanket helping you feel safe and in control of your health.
RDC

#89 Post by RDC »

Pete wrote: I visited a large Lidl store today, and I'd say 80% of the customers (including me and mine), and all the staff were masked up and trying to keep their distance.
The remaining 20% evidently didn't give a s**t, pushing past people, crowding at the tills, a few with snotty little tykes in tow........

Pete
I went to Asda last Monday and it was 50/50. I went again this Sunday and around only 10% were wearing masks.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#90 Post by Pippin89 »

channel12 wrote:If you should wear a mask so as to protect others - ok.

But if you are pinged by the NHS app you must self isolate to protect others. Which would suggest that government doesn't really believe masks are that effective in preventing the spread of this virus. The mask is your comfort blanket helping you feel safe and in control of your health.
If your brakes don't work in your car you don't drive it... If they do work you still wear a seat belt just in case right? The fact you wouldn't drive your car if the brakes don't work doesn't mean seat belts are just a "comfort blanket" and don't really do anything.

The whole thing is about minimising risk. The masks minimise the risk of non-symptomatic people passing on the virus. If someone definitely has it then they take the next step (like not driving your car when the brakes don't work) and stay at home to even further minimise the risk.