Mask or no mask

Moderator: dromia

Polchraine

Re: Mask or no mask

#41 Post by Polchraine »

Pete wrote: Some people seem to think it's business as usual from midnight tomorrow, and that is completely beyond me...just watch the infection rate over the next couple of weeks.

Pete
And unfortunately some people have already said what is the difference between 19th July and "today" and given up taking precasutions already. The rates are rising and will sky rocket in the next couople of weeks.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Rarms
Past Supporter

#42 Post by Rarms »

strangesam wrote:FFP2/FFP3 masks are available without exhaust valves,

If they do have exhaust valves a small piece of masking tape solves that problem.
How do you perceive the mask will function if you do this?
Rarms
Past Supporter

#43 Post by Rarms »

Polchraine wrote:
Pete wrote: Some people seem to think it's business as usual from midnight tomorrow, and that is completely beyond me...just watch the infection rate over the next couple of weeks.

Pete

And unfortunately some people have already said what is the difference between 19th July and "today" and given up taking precasutions already. The rates are rising and will sky rocket in the next couople of weeks.

Is there a problem with the infection rate rising if the death rate is not rising proportionately?

I suspect we need to learn to live with Covid, it is not going anywhere.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#44 Post by strangesam »

Rarms wrote:
strangesam wrote:FFP2/FFP3 masks are available without exhaust valves,

If they do have exhaust valves a small piece of masking tape solves that problem.
How do you perceive the mask will function if you do this?
The disposable valveless FFP2/3 masks are more or less identical to the valved disposable FFP2/3 Masks (indeed some I have have the space for a valve, it simply hasn't been fitted).

The filter material will simply pass air out as well as in.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#45 Post by strangesam »

Rarms wrote: Is there a problem with the infection rate rising if the death rate is not rising proportionately?

Yes,

Hospitals are currently rapidly filling with people ill with covid, this prevents other operations and treatments going ahead as the spaces are full (cancer treatments, hip operations, heart bypasses etc etc)

Secondly somewhere between 5 and 15% of people get long covid.. I've got it, today has consisted of getting guns out of cabinet, driving to range, 2 hours of guest day, driving back, locking things up and collapsing into bed where I slept for 4 hours due to exhaustion. I've have around 40-50% of my usual capacity since I had covid, and that was more than a year ago, I know people who've lost their jobs and houses due to it.

Thats 100,000s of long term disabled people, in a country famously short of workers at the moment.

We will eventually live with it, as we do with the spanish flu, which eventually evolved into a virus which was better at infecting, but less likely to kill its hosts. I expect covid will eventually do the same..
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#46 Post by channel12 »

I honestly don't know the answer to this;
Is a "case" a person who tested positive or somebody needing admission to hospital ? What's the correlation between positive tests, positive test but not ill, people being ill with covid at home, people needing hospital admission, needing intensive care and the ratio of number of deaths vs positive tests.

I do know when we have a major flu outbreak reported flu cases are those requiring hospital admission only, if you are ill at home for a week and don't involve your GP that doesn't make the official stats

Added, the long covid sounds like the after effects of a really bad case of flu (real flu not man flu) or any other severe viral illness.
Chuck

#47 Post by Chuck »

Mask only for inside shops now. Screw walking about in 40- 45c + heat with that on!
Hospitals are currently rapidly filling with people ill with covid, this prevents other operations and treatments going ahead as the spaces are full (cancer treatments, hip operations, heart bypasses etc etc)
Is that ill WITH Convid or FROM Covid. People are getting sick OF covid! As for ops, those were all cancelled last year were they not - the current situation makes no difference, no one was getting operated on!

All this of course in England is just a ramp up to more lockdowns and soon mandatory poisoning sorry vaccinations - just as Macron is trying. NOTHING the government does is for a reason that benefits YOU - as we have all seen, the repercussions from this will be frightening interms of choice and freedoms!!!!

BTW: Why Turkland is in the RED zone I have no idea - we're in a MUCH better position than the EU or UK and certainly India (or Delta as the country is now called. (Going out for a DELTA doesn't have the same ring to it)

The tourists are flocking here - Russian, Europeans, some Americans etc - mainly from the yachting fraternity! Politics no doubt!

Oh yes, if I do draw the short straw that's my problem - the missus can access here and let you all know :wave: :wave: cheers

Have fun tomorrow, why wait till then, and funny how on or around this date is being used by others - not a coincidence surely!

Channel 12 - it's all about fear mongering to ramp up the jab uptake - people are rightly wary!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#48 Post by snayperskaya »

strangesam wrote:
Rarms wrote: Is there a problem with the infection rate rising if the death rate is not rising proportionately?

Yes,

Secondly somewhere between 5 and 15% of people get long covid.. I've got it, today has consisted of getting guns out of cabinet, driving to range, 2 hours of guest day, driving back, locking things up and collapsing into bed where I slept for 4 hours due to exhaustion. I've have around 40-50% of my usual capacity since I had covid, and that was more than a year ago, I know people who've lost their jobs and houses due to it.

Thats 100,000s of long term disabled people, in a country famously short of workers at the moment.

We will eventually live with it, as we do with the spanish flu, which eventually evolved into a virus which was better at infecting, but less likely to kill its hosts. I expect covid will eventually do the same..

Did/Do you have underlying health conditions or were you fit and health pre-Covid?.....if you don't mind me asking.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Christel
Site Admin

#49 Post by Christel »

Perfectly healthy people who catch C-19 can get long covid, any age.

23 year old customer of ours went down with C-19 in March last year, still gets short of breath which is the last of the symptoms he has had since then.
Luckily he works in an office so less demanding.

I am past caring what people do or do not do, only thing that makes my blood boil is that access to a hospital and treatment is delayed beyond a joke because people are completely indifferent in getting rid of C-19.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#50 Post by Pete »

Christel, your last line says it all................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....