Mask or no mask

Moderator: dromia

strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

Re: Mask or no mask

#51 Post by strangesam »

snayperskaya wrote:Did/Do you have underlying health conditions or were you fit and health pre-Covid?.....if you don't mind me asking.
I was healthy, and reasonably fit, (shot practical once or twice a week, walked 10-15K steps per day, did semi manual job), in my early 40s.

I am really struggling with work (cant do the manual bits anymore, just sitting at a desk is draining), and walking more than 2-300m requires a sit down.

Post covid complications (Long Covid) are real and affecting so many people.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#52 Post by channel12 »

strangesam wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Did/Do you have underlying health conditions or were you fit and health pre-Covid?.....if you don't mind me asking.
I was healthy, and reasonably fit, (shot practical once or twice a week, walked 10-15K steps per day, did semi manual job), in my early 40s.

I am really struggling with work (cant do the manual bits anymore, just sitting at a desk is draining), and walking more than 2-300m requires a sit down.

Post covid complications (Long Covid) are real and affecting so many people.
Did you catch covid before mask wearing became mandatory ?
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#53 Post by Alpha1 »

You guys can do what you like and good luck to you.
My Grandson and his partner went to a pre baby fest what ever you call them ten days ago. Lots of hugs and kisses. She is in intensive care.
This thing is no joke.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#54 Post by snayperskaya »

Alpha1 wrote:You guys can do what you like and good luck to you.
My Grandson and his partner went to a pre baby fest what ever you call them ten days ago. Lots of hugs and kisses. She is in intensive care.
This thing is no joke.
Hope she gets well soon mate :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#55 Post by Dark Skies »

I popped down to Tesco and a garden centre. Everyone (including me) is still wearing masks in enclosed spaces around my way - thus far.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#56 Post by snayperskaya »

Dark Skies wrote:I popped down to Tesco and a garden centre. Everyone (including me) is still wearing masks in enclosed spaces around my way - thus far.
I went to view a house this morning and still wore mine, out of habit as much as anything.......
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Chuck

#57 Post by Chuck »

Alpha One - hope she gets well soon. Chuck :good:
I am past caring what people do or do not do, only thing that makes my blood boil is that access to a hospital and treatment is delayed beyond a joke because people are completely indifferent in getting rid of C-19.
People are not indifferent, they have legit concerns. Anyway, why get a jab that could make you just as sick - or kill you!

As for access - All ops were pretty well sacrificed to the great con Covid, an opportunity for blatant money laundering and corruption amongst our politicians- one of whom based the UK regime's entire response on a frickin' MOVIE for 2011 - Contagion - watch it!

Maybe if the UK regime had not lied through its teeth and manipulated the people and numbers from day one and used reliable "experts" instad of delusional 7its like Ferguson the attitude would change - but why would the people trust these liar - that's just stupid!

As for the rest - this is all a front and convenient excuse for other stuff and so many wrongs that are about to be foisted on global society!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
toffe wrapper

#58 Post by toffe wrapper »

channel12 wrote:toffee wrapper

Yes we all understand the principles but if the majority give up wearing masks but you keep wearing your mask to protect others but it doesn't protect you why are you doing it?

Unless you wear a FFFP3 mask in public which usually have an exhaust valve so now you are properly protecting yourself but not those around you.

It's all a bit a dilemma, protect others or protect yourself.
1 RAMS said he never understood the mask thing.
2 I wear it because I am obviously a better person than those who do not.
3 I wear a FFP3 non valve mask continuously at work due to possibility close contact ( face fit tested etc)and do my lateral flow testing for work as required.

Its peoples choice to not wear a mask in crowded public places, its my choice to think what I do of them and ask them to keep away.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#59 Post by Airbrush »

toffe wrapper wrote:
channel12 wrote:toffee wrapper

Yes we all understand the principles but if the majority give up wearing masks but you keep wearing your mask to protect others but it doesn't protect you why are you doing it?

Unless you wear a FFFP3 mask in public which usually have an exhaust valve so now you are properly protecting yourself but not those around you.

It's all a bit a dilemma, protect others or protect yourself.
1 RAMS said he never understood the mask thing.
2 I wear it because I am obviously a better person than those who do not.
3 I wear a FFP3 non valve mask continuously at work due to possibility close contact ( face fit tested etc)and do my lateral flow testing for work as required.

Its peoples choice to not wear a mask in crowded public places, its my choice to think what I do of them and ask them to keep away.
The obvious flaw in your argument is if you weren’t wearing a mask people would definitely keep away. green55
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#60 Post by Pete »

Here's how it's going:

https://mixmag.net/read/nightclubs-reop ... -open-news

Quote :

“It was extremely emotional to see clubs and venues reopen, with people dancing and listening to music into the early hours of this morning and sharing their passion for these experiences across social media, particularly how much they have missed them.”

Definitely a bunch of strong Darwin award contenders...........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....