Health "passports" LOL

Moderator: dromia

knewmans

Re: Health "passports" LOL

#11 Post by knewmans »

You're already part of someones inventory - National Insurance number, NHS number, drivers licence number, passport number, bank accounts, credit cards, FAC, electoral register, vehicle registration.

No young person will get into a pub near me without Id. They've all carried it for years.

If you don't want the vaccination that's fine just don't expect other people to share an enclosed space with you.

I don't care that a vaccination passport isn't 100% proof of safety. I do care that it shows a degree of social responsibility.

Even though I've had both vaccinations chances are that they have given me little protection. I want to know that the people I associate with give a s*** about more than themselves.
Ken
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by Pete »

Hi Ken :wave:

You know what, Chuck? I don't know why you bother, either.........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#13 Post by Dark Skies »

Chuck wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:50 am Dark Skies and Pete - why do I bother wallhead wallhead wallhead wallhead wallhead wallhead wallhead troutslapping troutslapping troutslapping troutslapping troutslapping troutslapping

This NOT the same as travel passport - are you being deliberately obtuse or just happy to be subservients?

I honestly hope you do not wear a poppy in a a supreme act of utter hypocrisy! You do not need a passport to go into pubs, clubs restaurants etc. why can you not get it?

Why are you happy to be labeled like animals - a part of someones inventory?

A covid passs keeps NO ONE free or safe! Just like a gun free zone sign - they are there to keep the gullible idiots happy, no other reason. kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk
You overuse emoticons like my nephew. He has the excuse that he's only twelve.
I don't know why you bother either. Ranting at people and insulting them is probably the very best way to dissuade them from your cause, flimsy though it be.
You specifically referenced "a Global Universal Digital ID" (spelling corrected) my point is most people already have this in the form of a passport.
If I want to travel abroad I'm going to have to present a further document to show that I've been vaccinated. Vaccinations lessen the risk factor in allowing people into their country. Their house, their rules.
The world is replete with countries that insist you have proof of having had certain vaccinations before entering. I travel a lot. This is normal for me. Why can you not get it?

Will I present one to go into pubs, clubs, restaurants? No.
Nor will I carry one on the mainland - I'm fine with not going into those places. I'm fine with the chunks of money I'm saving. Hermits have no peer pressure.

I'll probably still be in bed having a lie in on Remembrance Day. So that ought to make you happy.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
knewmans

#14 Post by knewmans »

Hi Pete :wave:
Ken
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#15 Post by Pippin89 »

Dark Skies wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:28 am I don't know how you manage to go around the globe but most of us mere mortals already have a universal machine readable digital ID in the form of a passport. On the back of the page is a tiny computer chip, surrounded by a coil of copper-coloured wire. I show it to the gatekeeper of whichever country I hope to enter, stick my eye up to a machine, put my sticky digits on a reader, and have so far been allowed to enter.
What do you do? Wrap yourself in the flag of liberty and shout and argue your way in?

Whilst it's entirely my choice to leave the UK it's the host's right to control whom they let in. If they require proof of vaccination then I'm in no position to complain about it - their house, their rules.

And again with the same old theme regarding people that have a differing opinion to Chuck being unfit to hold a FAC / should have their guns taken comment. If anyone has proven to be someone less than mentally stable to hold a FAC I'd submit you're a candidate.
I imagine yours has a picture of a deeply empurpled, permanently angry face with spittle from your snarling mouth.

And if you're going to be the sort of scoundrel that wraps themselves in patriotism when denouncing others you ought to at least know how to spell Remembrance Day.
Could not have put it better myself!
Chuck wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:50 am Dark Skies and Pete - why do I bother
Feel free not to...