Goverment ignoring Covid advice again

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Goverment ignoring Covid advice again

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

Pete wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:49 am That shift system is unbelievable.....I'm surprised that anyone would tolerate that long term, regardless of remuneration.
Permanent nights or days, 4 on and then 4 off would be far better......they must be a dedicated crew for whatever it is they do.
I did the standard 3 shift system, back in the day, but after a year, I'd had enough and got out.

Pete
Four on and four off is not unusual within the Industry. They get three weeks paid holiday in the Summer and three weeks paid holiday over Christmas and new year if they want days off they are allowed to swop shifts with each other.
( Normally but not in the current climate)
They are all highly skilled and get paid accordingly. We take there health and safety seriously and have put everything in place to make sure that while they are at work there is no risk to there health.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by Pete »

"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Alpha1

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

I worked shifts for 25 years. The biggest problem I had was adjusting to working days.
Alpha1

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

Alpha1 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:15 pm I worked shifts for 25 years. The biggest problem I had was adjusting to working days.
Actually thats not correct it was more like 35 years. I know all about shift work and shift workers. I was a Shift Supervisor in charge of shift teams on one of the largest Chemical complexes in the UK.