Your Covid questions answered

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Your Covid questions answered

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

Graham M wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:51 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQj6IgegGYo
Very bad language................. please don't ban me Christel.
I'm already on a 28 day ban on pigeonwatch for writing.................................................sh!te
I would of banned you in a minute of seeing this garbage having being involved with people actually affected by this dread full disease and the consequences and suffering left behind by family members who have lost loved ones to Covid 19 .
You are an arsehole and if the moderators want to ban me or remove my post so be it.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

What is going on!?
Well.jpg
DVC
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#13 Post by Pippin89 »

channel12 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:27 pm There is substantial real world evidence that a properly worn sear belt will reduce the risks of major injuries to the wearer in the event of a road accident. There is no evidence that the wearing of a seat belt reduces the risk of injury to another road user.
The reverse is true for wearing a mask, virtually no reduced risk of covid for the wearer but should the wearer be infectious a reduced risk of them infecting others in the very immediate vicinity if indoors.
However my point is that having done a lateral flow test before going to social gathering and testing negative for covid and having no symptoms at all NHS officialdom still treats you as potential covid carrier.
I will wear a mask where legally required, not otherwise because I believe my best protection from serious illness is to be fully vaccinated (plus the flu jab) not a simple piece of cloth over my nose and mouth.

Many do think their masks are PPE which is why they wear them at all times including when driving alone or walking in the open in uncrowded areas.
I think you may be overestimating the effectiveness of an LFT. They are only about 50% effective at recognising a positive sample. They are used as a quick and cheap method of capturing SOME asymptomatic infectious people to reduce the likelihood of a spread. They will not remove all of these people. Hence why you still need to wear a mask as, despite a negative LFT you may still be wandering around spreading Covid.

For anyone who wants an indication of the effectiveness of the vaccine, 98% of people currently in Chichester hospital with Covid are unvaccinated.....
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#14 Post by channel12 »

Pippin89 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:19 am
channel12 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:27 pm There is substantial real world evidence that a properly worn sear belt will reduce the risks of major injuries to the wearer in the event of a road accident. There is no evidence that the wearing of a seat belt reduces the risk of injury to another road user.
The reverse is true for wearing a mask, virtually no reduced risk of covid for the wearer but should the wearer be infectious a reduced risk of them infecting others in the very immediate vicinity if indoors.
However my point is that having done a lateral flow test before going to social gathering and testing negative for covid and having no symptoms at all NHS officialdom still treats you as potential covid carrier.
I will wear a mask where legally required, not otherwise because I believe my best protection from serious illness is to be fully vaccinated (plus the flu jab) not a simple piece of cloth over my nose and mouth.

Many do think their masks are PPE which is why they wear them at all times including when driving alone or walking in the open in uncrowded areas.
I think you may be overestimating the effectiveness of an LFT. They are only about 50% effective at recognising a positive sample. They are used as a quick and cheap method of capturing SOME asymptomatic infectious people to reduce the likelihood of a spread. They will not remove all of these people. Hence why you still need to wear a mask as, despite a negative LFT you may still be wandering around spreading Covid.

For anyone who wants an indication of the effectiveness of the vaccine, 98% of people currently in Chichester hospital with Covid are unvaccinated.....

Please note part in red.

I wonder that the actual evidence is for asymptomatic people spreading covid like typhoid Mary because unless you PCR test the entire population it's probably a theoretical possibility but justifies universal mask usage.
Graham M

#15 Post by Graham M »

Alpha1 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:43 amI would of banned you in a minute of seeing this garbage having being involved with people actually affected by this dread full disease and the consequences and suffering left behind by family members who have lost loved ones to Covid 19 .
You are an arsehole and if the moderators want to ban me or remove my post so be it.
Did you actually understand the joke?????? any????
It was aimed at idiots who won't get themselves vaccinated
And it's would HAVE not would OF.

Jeeze why is the world starting to fill up with snowflakes. wallhead
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#16 Post by Pippin89 »

channel12 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:40 am I wonder that the actual evidence is for asymptomatic people spreading covid like typhoid Mary because unless you PCR test the entire population it's probably a theoretical possibility but justifies universal mask usage.
A very difficult thing to quantify as people who are asymptomatic generally don't know they have it. I'm sure there are thousands of people who have had it, passed it on, and will never know they had it.
However, the basic stats are that 1 in 3 people have no symptoms. And LFT's pick up around 50% of cases. So its not going to save the world but it does something. It tells some people who wouldn't otherwise know that they have it.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#17 Post by Dark Skies »

Graham M wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:48 am
Alpha1 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:43 amI would of banned you in a minute of seeing this garbage having being involved with people actually affected by this dread full disease and the consequences and suffering left behind by family members who have lost loved ones to Covid 19 .
Did you actually understand the joke?????? any????
It was aimed at idiots who won't get themselves vaccinated
And it's would HAVE not would OF.

Jeeze why is the world starting to fill up with snowflakes. wallhead
He posted after 10 pm - well into his cups by then, I suspect. :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Graham M

#18 Post by Graham M »

Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#19 Post by channel12 »

There are some that take an almost professional delight in being by offended by something. Then are those who profess to be offended on behalf of another group or section of society.

By the way that Jimmy Carr clip was hilarious!
Graham M

#20 Post by Graham M »

channel12 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:54 pm There are some that take an almost professional delight in being by offended by something. Then are those who profess to be offended on behalf of another group or section of society.

By the way that Jimmy Carr clip was hilarious!
Thank gawd for that. For a minute I thought I had been transported to a different dimension