Sensible recommendation

Moderator: dromia

channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

Sensible recommendation

#1 Post by channel12 »

Quote: it is recommended that you take a lateral flow test in the morning before arrival and wear a mask when on site [ even though you will be in the open air all day and will not be within 2 metres of anybody for most of the time]

Seems as reasonable as getting a negative result on a breathalyser before leaving the pub but taking a taxi home just in case.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Sensible recommendation

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

I am required to take my temperature and carry out a lateral flow test every morning before going into work. I don,t have an issue with that. We have struggled with staff levels because of the disease. The staff in the Research facility were I work are all classed as key workers because of the type of work they do. The part I work in is currently shut down because we don,t have enough staff due to Covid.
Graham M

#3 Post by Graham M »

My granddaughter was told that she needs to take a LFT a couple of times a week as she is in contact with customers every day. How the hell is she supposed to take these tests if there aren't any available anywhere.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Polchraine

#4 Post by Polchraine »

Graham M wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:13 am My granddaughter was told that she needs to take a LFT a couple of times a week as she is in contact with customers every day. How the hell is she supposed to take these tests if there aren't any available anywhere.
Ordered a new box on-line this morning.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#5 Post by Pippin89 »

Alpha1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:56 pm I am required to take my temperature and carry out a lateral flow test every morning before going into work. I don,t have an issue with that. We have struggled with staff levels because of the disease. The staff in the Research facility were I work are all classed as key workers because of the type of work they do. The part I work in is currently shut down because we don,t have enough staff due to Covid.
And to complete the cycle, my company do the square root of nothing in terms of testing, masks etc. and we are currently about 10% of the workforce down with Covid. And have been for about 3 months. As soon as 1 person comes back someone else has caught it.
Graham M wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:13 am My granddaughter was told that she needs to take a LFT a couple of times a week as she is in contact with customers every day. How the hell is she supposed to take these tests if there aren't any available anywhere.
There are plenty. Order them online and they will come in a few days. More than enough for her to do twice a week. Some professions are having to do it every day and they are struggling a bit but they can still get hold of them.
Graham M

#6 Post by Graham M »

Wasn't aware of this as we have been watching the news who are telling us that LFO's are in short supply and people can't get them.
The local chemists all have notices in their windows saying no LFT's available.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

where I work has a temporary building installed to cope with demand. they are making up packs and mailing kits. there are plenty. in fact, they struggle to get them done in time for collection. just order online and they will be posted to you, at great profit to companies like these no doubt.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

The Company supplies us with lateral flow kits we have a store room full of them.
We all have a box supplied by the Company with a digital thermometer disposible gloves. Hand sanitiser and chemical wipes. There are hand held temperature monitors face masks and hand sanitizer at every entrance for people to use.
RDC

#9 Post by RDC »

I concur with the above about ordering online. Get 7 in a box for free from the gov website, can order a box a day. Longest wait I've had for them is 3 days on the run up to Crimbo.

I ordered some yesterday morning and they dropped though the post this morning.
Graham M

#10 Post by Graham M »

Went onto the government website .....and guess what