Remington .410 semi auto

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

pedro47
Home club or Range: several, Doveridge, Church Lench, Millride

Remington .410 semi auto

#1 Post by pedro47 »

I have a great Remington .410 semi auto. I also have its big brother the 28 bore semi auto. Having bought these two I decided it would be economical to take up reloading something I was keen on already.
the 28 bore is no problem but the .410 has proved to be.
If there is anyone with one of these great little guns I would love to hear of your experiences with UK available ammo.
Best regards,
Pete
AL8

Re: Remington .410 semi auto

#2 Post by AL8 »

if you have a .303 or cases try

http://www.fourten.org.uk/reloading303.html

I have not tried it but a friend has and it works well
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#3 Post by Dellboy »

MAGTECH do 410 cases in brass
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

bigger bang

#4 Post by bigger bang »

i reload the .410 in plastic at the moment from shells i have brought or collected. as for brass forget the miltech brass its unavalible in the uk as no one carries it any more also its expensive at a pound a round. you can buy .303 for 20pence each and the cost to blow them is 30p so its well worth considering

also if your a shotty ticket only holder a true to the law gun shop should not sell you rifle primers or better still is pistol primers as your ticket does not cover for it.

also pistol primers are better to fire 410 powder i have found out in my research

i want to work out a way to prep .303 brass cases into .410 shells but i want to get more information on the shell front first

if by any chance you find any primers go for pistol primers rather than rifle and .410 powder and it runs true to the loading calcs on the books, this is for shot only i dont reload .410 slugs