Armtac RS-1 Shotgun.....it's a Saiga!!!

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

shellshokt
Home club or Range: KFC and TR&PC

Re: Armtac RS-1 Shotgun.....it's a Saiga!!!

#101 Post by shellshokt »

I like the pistol grip you have on yours Gasman, what make & model is it?
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#102 Post by Gh0st »

shellshokt wrote:So in the end I decided to fit a tubular handguard rather then the Chaos option, Archipovs mag release, enhanced safety lever, oversized bolt handle, typhoon muzzle brake and Vortex crossfire.
IMG_20181004_153954_DRO.jpg
IMG_20181004_154013_DRO.jpg
I plan to fit a left hand charging handle in the future and possibly upgrading the pistol grip to a hogue or similar.
Shellshokt, do you have a link to where the hand guard is available from, was there any mods needed for it?

thanks
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
shellshokt

#103 Post by shellshokt »

Gh0st,
I got the handguard from here:
https://ishooter.ru/product/ceve-trubch ... -9992.html
It took just over a week to arrive.
The rear mounting block fitted into the receiver without any issues. All you do is loosen & remove the screw at the front of the magwell on the RS, fit the rear mounting block & tighten up with the new screw provided. The front clamp needed the hairdryer treatment to slip over the barrel. The handguard itself just needed the area where it touches the gas tube widening slightly. I also removed a little of the handguard where the gas tube locking lever sits. Really easy to do. If you want pictures I can post them.
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
Gh0st

#104 Post by Gh0st »

shellshokt wrote:Gh0st,
I got the handguard from here:
https://ishooter.ru/product/ceve-trubch ... -9992.html
It took just over a week to arrive.
The rear mounting block fitted into the receiver without any issues. All you do is loosen & remove the screw at the front of the magwell on the RS, fit the rear mounting block & tighten up with the new screw provided. The front clamp needed the hairdryer treatment to slip over the barrel. The handguard itself just needed the area where it touches the gas tube widening slightly. I also removed a little of the handguard where the gas tube locking lever sits. Really easy to do. If you want pictures I can post them.
Thanks, everyone loves pictures, post or do them ! Cheers
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

shellshokt

#105 Post by shellshokt »

Gh0st, here goes.
These are the bits you get, rear mount, handguard, front clamp & assorted fixing bolts.
IMG_20181013_155601_DRO.jpg
Remove the original bolt securing the magwell and fit the rear mount.
IMG_20181013_155658_DRO.jpg
Remove the original front clamp, or as I did grind off the sling mount from both sides. I can return it to almost original configuration if I want.
IMG_20181013_155521_DRO.jpg
H.L.Mencken
shellshokt

#106 Post by shellshokt »

Fit the handguard and file trim as necessary
IMG_20181013_155752_DRO.jpg
IMG_20181013_155017_DRO.jpg
IMG_20181013_154936_DRO.jpg
H.L.Mencken
shellshokt

#107 Post by shellshokt »

Something else you may want to consider. I tried to get a quick release pin for the top cover but 4Range wouldn't ship it to the UK. I discovered that a spare antiwalk pin for my 15-22 CMC trigger is a perfect fit. I can now remove the top cover for easier cleaning maintenance.
IMG_20181013_160426_DRO.jpg
IMG_20181013_160433_DRO.jpg
H.L.Mencken
Gh0st

#108 Post by Gh0st »

Appreciate the pics

gasman
Home club or Range: worcester norton

#109 Post by gasman »

shellshokt wrote:I like the pistol grip you have on yours Gasman, what make & model is it?
Hi, its a Custom Arms AK type from www.ishooter.ru
roffem

#110 Post by roffem »

Hi, Just got some parts through from ishooter. Watched a few videos on YouTube but the safety catch doesn’t seem to come off the same way as a saiga or vepr. Anyone have any details on stripping these parts down including the trigger group please?

I ordered the foreend, archipov left hand magazine release, ambi safety lever, new bolt handle and the ishooter grip.

Cheers,
Martin