.410 Muzzle brakes, do they make a difference?

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

.410 Muzzle brakes, do they make a difference?

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

As the subject, has anyone shot a .410 with a muzzle brake? I was thinking of the Saiga .410's that were around a few years ago. I ask because I have to add a sound moderator attachment stub to a single shot .410 and it crossed my mind to slot it to form a basic brake that the sound moderator would screw over when used.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal

Re: .410 Muzzle brakes, do they make a difference?

#2 Post by 1066 »

I've never shot a .410 with a muzzle brake but I know they are available for the Saiga, the challenge would be to make a tidy job compatible with a moderator without getting too unwieldly.

Anything you can do to tame the ferocious recoil of the .410 has got to be worthwhile. :)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Blackstuff

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

I would be surprised if a .410 cartridge out of a 24"+ barrel would produce enough gas to make the muzzle brake do much of anything. Might look cool though!
DVC
Chuck

#4 Post by Chuck »

Mrs T's Safir T14 had a muzzle brake on a 16" barrel.....then again it was an AR lookalike.. Almost no muzzle flip but it fitted the overall look of things.. :D :D :D :D
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!