Benelli M2 barrels

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

dgw65

Benelli M2 barrels

#1 Post by dgw65 »

I can't seem to find anyone in the UK selling barrels for the M2, I wanted a spare shorter one & assumed it would be straightforward - is this not a done thing?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Benelli M2 barrels

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Quite acceptable to own a second barrel. I have a customer Remington 1100 here with two barrels. Also, technically a shotgun barrel is not a licensable item. They are imported by GMK so ask your local RFD to give the GMK workshop a ring and see about getting a spare ordered.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dgw65

#3 Post by dgw65 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Quite acceptable to own a second barrel. I have a customer Remington 1100 here with two barrels. Also, technically a shotgun barrel is not a licensable item. They are imported by GMK so ask your local RFD to give the GMK workshop a ring and see about getting a spare ordered.
Thank you, I'll see if I can get some prices out of my RFD then - they'll be cheap won't they lol
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well.... I would rather buy parts for a Benelli or Beretta than a Browning or Miroku :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

It was a complete nightmare to try and get a spare for my M2. In the end I found a camo painted one that I was going to strip then Cerakote. I got rid of the gun. When I advertised it, I did so with the spare 24" barrel. A bloke offered for that barrel on its own for the same price I had the gun up for! But it had gone by then...

Get your dealer to give GMK a call. Personally, if I was to do that again, I'd buy a second shotgun with the length I wanted.

And as an aside, get the barrel on its own for a s2 gun, not a problem. No certification required. Look to get a barrel for a s1 gun, you'll need a variation on your FAC for a spare barrel.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Blackstuff

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

When I priced a second barrel for my M2 it was £480. That was in 2008....
DVC
dgw65

#7 Post by dgw65 »

Blackstuff wrote:When I priced a second barrel for my M2 it was £480. That was in 2008....
FML.. probably just saw a bit off then :D
Blackstuff

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

As long as you keep it above 24" you could get it done. I think Teague does it for around £170 but you have to use their thin walled chokes afterwards which are about £50 a throw....
DVC
dgw65

#9 Post by dgw65 »

Blackstuff wrote:As long as you keep it above 24" you could get it done. I think Teague does it for around £170 but you have to use their thin walled chokes afterwards which are about £50 a throw....
Good idea but not an option for me unfortunately because I also want to use the 28" barrel.
RDC

#10 Post by RDC »

Blackstuff wrote:As long as you keep it above 24" you could get it done. I think Teague does it for around £170 but you have to use their thin walled chokes afterwards which are about £50 a throw....
I heard Teague stopped doing the barrel threading for chimes service a few years ago. No doubt some more knowledgeable than myself will be able to confirm or deny.

I briefly looked into it for a Greener GP.