Browning Auto 5 trigger spring

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

PeterN

Browning Auto 5 trigger spring

#1 Post by PeterN »

Does anyone know where I might obtain a new trigger spring for a cross bolt safety Browning Auto 5? The middle prong that sits on the safety ball bearing has broken. The gun works fine but the safety flops from side to side. I did buy one from Brownells a while ago for another Auto 5 but Brownells do not sell them here any more. I phoned them up to ask why and it seems Browning Europe do not want USA companies selling Browning spare parts back into Europe. The fact that Browning Europe sold all the Auto 5 spares to North America so can't supply them doesn't count. The USA companies will not ship to overseas. This is the part in question. Any help appreciated.
Browning Auto 5 spring 002.JPG
Regards
Peter.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Browning Auto 5 trigger spring

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Southertons are breaking one right now: https://southertonguns.com They do not list the spring however they often hold unlisted spares, certainty worth giving Graham a call.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
PeterN

#3 Post by PeterN »

Thanks for that. I will give them a call.
Regards
Peter.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Failing that, make one. I have just done something similar. I used banding strap as it was 0.750" wide by 0.030" thick. I have some off cuts here if you want to give it a go, or failing that send me the spring to copy although it is always interesting without the gun as well.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
PeterN

#5 Post by PeterN »

Thanks for the offer. The spring is currently with a friend who does metalworking and woodworking. He is going to have a go at making one. He has two sheds full of lathes, milling machines, drills, band saws etc. He had the electricity supply to his house upgraded to work his machines. He is always making something but not sure where the spring is on his to do list.
Regards
Peter.