Some target practice ...

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Polchraine

Some target practice ...

#1 Post by Polchraine »

One of my neighbours has decided to keep chickens and is using te garden of my immediate neighbour that sits between us. I warned them about rats ...

The past couple of days I have been working on my shed roof which has a great view and at one time I counted 6 rats running in the pen. Time to sit on the roof with the air rifle (and permission) to pick them off one at a time.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Landy Dave
Home club or Range: Leatherhead and Bisley

Re: Some target practice ...

#2 Post by Landy Dave »

I wonder what is attracting the rats as I have kept chickens in my back garden for 5 years and never seen or seen evidence of rats?
Sako 75 Finnlight 6.5x55
Sako 75 6PPC
BSA International Mk III
Ruger 10/22
Anschutz 54
Howa 1500 Varmint 223 - Sold
Polchraine

#3 Post by Polchraine »

Landy Dave wrote:I wonder what is attracting the rats as I have kept chickens in my back garden for 5 years and never seen or seen evidence of rats?

We have a river close by and derelict land behind and have always had the occasional one around. These are real rats not water rats or voles too. They are going for the feed will scamper out, grab a grain or two and dash back under cover.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Landy Dave
Home club or Range: Leatherhead and Bisley

#4 Post by Landy Dave »

I have a water meadow behind our house so to keep mr fox our we used 10mm weld mesh to build the run and I guess this must be keeping the rats well away as well
Sako 75 Finnlight 6.5x55
Sako 75 6PPC
BSA International Mk III
Ruger 10/22
Anschutz 54
Howa 1500 Varmint 223 - Sold