Use of decoys

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Robin128

Use of decoys

#1 Post by Robin128 »

Under the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 Section 11 and the Wildlife (Northern Ireland) Order 1985 Article 12 , if any person uses a decoy, for the purpose of killing or taking any wild animal, any live mammal or bird whatever they shall be guilty of an offence.

:shock:
gunsmoke

Re: Use of decoys

#2 Post by gunsmoke »

I think you will find that the use of decoys refers to using a live bird or animal as a decoy. The interesting part is sec11 (2)(c) using 'any device to illuminating a target or sighting device for night shooting.'

This makes it illegal to lamp deer at night or to use night sights of killing deer at night.

I say this as some gunshops seem to think is OK to sell night sights for night shooting.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

The Danish are also very specific about night stalking, basically you don’t do it, we will often see hunters packing up as we drive away from the forests and every single one of them watches the others so in that respect the system is self policed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ian when are you going to post one of your excellent videos in the forum Youtube section? ;)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#5 Post by Robin128 »

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/codes-of-prac ... ammals.cfm

Yes...I think you are right gunsmoke ... the wording of some of this legislation! :roll:
gunsmoke

#6 Post by gunsmoke »

ovenpaa wrote:Ian when are you going to post one of your excellent videos in the forum Youtube section? ;)
I did not know I could. If I can find the youtube sestion I will. you could always add them.
Robin128

#7 Post by Robin128 »

Press the Youtube button in your post and add the address in between the brackets...have a go in the test area
Robin128

#8 Post by Robin128 »

Then place them in Youtube Shooting How-To section.