Killing of Swans

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Killing of Swans

#31 Post by Ovenpaa »

the running man wrote:........i therefore support a very loose regristration type air rifle cert. not to strenuos or expensive,£30 would be fair,with a american style 15 day wait till it comes back,a simple background check.
Very well said and this is the sort of licensing I would support, even if it was only for new/registered dealer sales.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Steve

#32 Post by Steve »

The problem with licensing airguns is the sheer amount of them already in the publics hands.You cant license something you dont know how many or where they are and people would be reluctant to hand them over if new regs deemed them not suitable people so they'd still be in circulation anyway.
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda
the running man

#33 Post by the running man »

well if any kind if airgun cert or registration,whatever ,came in steve i doubt there would be much ownus on the plod, i imagine it would be a case of "get it registered by" or else the police can confiscate it. once on a simple database a cross refrence check on the pnc will reveal the registrators suitability for airgun ownership.............this is how i see it being played out..
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
barney57

#34 Post by barney57 »

I dont think air rifles need to be licenced as such, but maybe its an idea to REGISTER them by make, discription and serial Number to a name and Address, just like when you By a Televison set.

If you didnt know,, when you buy a new TV these days they have to record an address for the TV Licensing people...strange but true!

But then private sales may well put the Kybosh on that idea...
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
Kernow Bys Vyken (Cornwall for ever)
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

#35 Post by ptheta »

I'm pretty sure new sales are already registered by RFDs although I've no idea if that data is ever collected by the authorities. The last time I was in an RFDs and someone bought an air rifle the RFD said he had to record their details.

He just recorded their name and address in an exercise book so it was pretty low tech.

I think this came about after the VCR act although I haven't seen that confirmed in black and white.