Fox hunting: a reasoned debate...

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Oldskool
Home club or Range: Swlpc

Re: Fox hunting: a reasoned debate...

#31 Post by Oldskool »

Mr_Logic wrote:It can be justified because people want to do it; sure there is pest control involved but the riding and time in the countryside are the main things, so I'm told.

Is the killing the main thing for you with a gun? It's not for me. Time in the open, the peace and quiet, marksmanship etc mean far more. Death of an animal is just a by-product.

Death is one hell of a by product . Don't get me wrong , foxes are a pest and I'm not sentimental about em , but let's be honest hunting em on horse back with dogs is cruel whether it's enjoyable or not .

I honestly don't care how they get killed but I'm not a hypocrite and when I see cruelty I call it for what it is . It's not me that's doing it after all it's not on my conscience !
Dougan

#32 Post by Dougan »

Mr_Logic wrote:It can be justified because people want to do it
That unusually illogical of you Mr Logic - There's plenty of things that are either illegal (including hunting foxes with dogs btw), or immoral, by most reasonable standards, that can not be justified just because people want to do it...
Oldskool
Home club or Range: Swlpc

#33 Post by Oldskool »

Dougan wrote:
Mr_Logic wrote:It can be justified because people want to do it
That unusually illogical of you Mr Logic - There's plenty of things that are either illegal (including hunting foxes with dogs btw), or immoral, by most reasonable standards, that can not be justified just because people want to do it...
Agreed . I think I know what he means tho , I think he's saying precisely because people want to do is exactly why it will be justified . Not that it intrinsically cam in itself .