Schultz & Larsen rifles

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Schultz & Larsen rifles

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

As ever we were talking about rifles tonight and the Viking being a Dane mentioned Schultz & Larsen rifles, I have a feeling they long since stopped being made in Denmark but I could be very wrong here. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? I do remember them making very good target shooting barrels a few years ago but other than that I have no idea.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Schultz & Larsen rifles

#2 Post by Mike357 »

I am sure I have seen an advert for them recently, Shooting Sports magazine perhaps, I'll check.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

Just checked their web site and they have a Sporter model that looks just like your Biathalon project! Looks very nice!
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

The M97-DL Sporter by any chance? We looked at them a couple of years ago but could not track one down in the UK, tonight after some long phone calls for an M595 Action we were looking again and came back to the M97-DL Sporter again.

I know York Guns do S&L but just the straight hunting rifles.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

/d

Shed Journal
Mike357

#6 Post by Mike357 »

Would York Guns not import one for you? Yet again, they are not too good when importing stuff :-)

That is a lovely looking rifle, I really do like it!
Scotsgun

#7 Post by Scotsgun »

Mike357 wrote:Would York Guns not import one for you? Yet again, they are not too good when importing stuff :-)

That is a lovely looking rifle, I really do like it!

Depends who you know ;)

One of our deer syndicate members is a manager of some sort there. If serious, pass me the details and i'll ask him.
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

I can confirm the M97-DL Sporter is available in this country, they are 5+1 shot with a switch barrel as standard and also have the 19mm diameter barrel available as well.

Available in both 6.5x47 Lap and 6.5x55 SE.

Hmm...
/d

Shed Journal
Mike357

#9 Post by Mike357 »

Scrap the project and buy one. May be more expensive but I bet you'll be shooting it in half the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dangermouse

#10 Post by Dangermouse »

Available in both 6.5x47 Lap and 6.5x55 SE.
Going to play with the big boys in F Open then?

How much are replacement barrels? Is the factory standard long enough?

I keep seeing it in all these rifles, the TRG stock pattern appears to be a winner in Europe, I wonder who made it first?
Will this rifle take a magazine or is it an internal set up?

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.