Schultz & Larsen rifles

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Schultz & Larsen rifles

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dangermouse wrote:Going to play with the big boys in F Open then?

How much are replacement barrels? Is the factory standard long enough?

I keep seeing it in all these rifles, the TRG stock pattern appears to be a winner in Europe, I wonder who made it first?
Will this rifle take a magazine or is it an internal set up?

DM
The M97-DL Sporter has a 25.5" barrel so should be quite capable to 1000 yards if needed. It has a cut rifled switch barrel can be swapped out in a couple of minutes if needed. This however is primarily a rifle for 300m shot either off hand, sitting or prone. Not sure how it would fare in an F Open round with a 3-12X scope fitted though :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#12 Post by Mike357 »

Do we know how much they cost?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mike357 wrote:Do we know how much they cost?
Sitting down?

GBP2,275 to you sir, that does not include the Appel type S&L scope mount/rings. It does include a switch 19-22X650 cut rifled barrel and Danish match trigger.

Thing is my 'project' rifle was rapidly heading into similar money by the time I got the stock home and had the action trued and a barrel chambered, fitted and proofed and a decent trigger. Plus at the end of the day it would be a curiosity to the majority of people.

Life is short, now if the Viking can just make a decision on cartridge we can get something sorted 8-) 6.5x47 Lapua or 6.5x55 Swede anyone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#14 Post by Mike357 »

If it shoots as good as it looks then its money well spent. I'd say that price is reasonable. Not like that basta*d ammo box!!!!
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

A brief article on the barrel making at S&L they say:
We are one of the only hunting rifle producers that have chosen to use cut rifled barrels. Which in every case is produced from completely straight and stress relieved chrome molybdenum steel, this we carefully bore and cut rifling with the minimum of stress on the steel. Further more, every barrel is internally polished with an individually cast tin lap and grinding compound to obtain perfect uniform smoothness. A small taper near the muzzle ensures a much longer barrel life and reduces sensitivity to fouling in the rifling. All this care creates a rifle that under all conditions produces maximum precision, a factor that makes top international shooters choose Schultz & Larsen barrels.

I had to resort to joining a Danish shooting forum last night to see what people think of them, the general opinion is they are traditionally built rifles with no 'modern' materials, so no stainless or plastics involved. They all agree they are accurate and say 90-100mm groups at 600m with factory ammunition (Norma/Lapua) is normal.

Hopefully someone will come back to me today with a final price for the rifle and rings.
/d

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#16 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ordered.

Down side is delivery is going to take a while as I, erm... we have gone for the M97-DL Sporter and the 19mm barrel for the 6,5x55 is on extended delivery. Ah well I am sure it is worth the wait.

For anyone that fancies one of these 6,5x47 with 19mm barrel they do have one in stock.
/d

Shed Journal
Mike357

#17 Post by Mike357 »

And know you have cleared that project off the books, you can allow your mind to ponder over the next project!
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

Scary Mike357, you must have met Ovenpaa.....
Ovenpaa

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mike357 wrote:And know you have cleared that project off the books, you can allow your mind to ponder over the next project!
Nice idea. This is an odd one as I am not actually having it built. It has taken a lot of discussion to get this far, probably 6 months worth of decision making and then getting funds together.

I have decided to go for Apel swing off mounts so the final decision is what scope to go for. I am at the stage where it will be either S&B or Kahles and will be a used one as I really am struggling to get my head around new prices right now.
/d

Shed Journal
Mike357

#20 Post by Mike357 »

Interesting one I guess! Lots of discussion then from idea to order in a few days rather than materialising in dribs and drabs over another few months.

I take it you never ordered the stock from the States then?