Jagdschein

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
DL.

Jagdschein

#1 Post by DL. »

A conversation on defence connect (MOD Shooters) got me thinking - has anyone on here got their jagdschein?

I would likely have to undertake this at my own cost if I were to do this, but I'm mindful that British forces Germany is being drawn down, so would like to consider this within the next couple of years.

I'm mindful that my controller status on the deer management side is up for renewal and I would see this as being very good CPD.

http://bfgnet.de/community/paderborn/wh ... ourse.html
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

Re: Jagdschein

#2 Post by DW58 »

Is there any reason why you spefically need the full Jagdschein - isn't this normally only available to BFG personnel? Otherwise wouldn't you have to do the exam/tests in German, maybe this isn't an issue.

I've held an Auslandertagesjagdschein for the best part of thirty years and simply have to get it stamped at the district hunting office for each visit.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
DL.

#3 Post by DL. »

DW58 wrote:Is there any reason why you spefically need the full Jagdschein - isn't this normally only available to BFG personnel? Otherwise wouldn't you have to do the exam/tests in German, maybe this isn't an issue.

I've held an Auslandertagesjagdschein for the best part of thirty years and simply have to get it stamped at the district hunting office for each visit.
Rob, Wild deer best practice events in Scotland have as far as I know been binned since the DCS was absorbed by SNH. Ironically SNH request on their forms to be on the Fit and Competant register that you give details of best practice events and similar CPD.

I emailed defence deer management and asked what training they ran with a view to staying current, but alas got no reply, I've learned not to get shirty with people outwith my pay grade, so am going to look into other avenues and start thinking outside the box.

BDS meetings - I work shifts and as fate would have it the lectures are generally when I'm working.

St. Hubert's club - far to much of a bias south of the Watford gap.

As far as Jagdsheins only being available to to troops posted to British Forces Germany, I haven't been advised of that, I have however worked in Germany through the military three times, and recall Sennelager moving with fallow.

Sitting the test in German, I know a gent who did that, but thankfully I believe the test is in English when the military put on the test.

I just had to use google translate for "Auslandertagesjagdschein" which came back with "alien days hunting licence" seems like a thoroughly sensible way of doing it, as I estimate flights to Hanover and a hire car costing a few hundred pounds for this proposed endeavour!

I'm loathed to go to deer initiative BP events because I always thought it ludicrous people travelling hundreds of miles to the Scottish BP events, Norfolk would be a bit more local than Germany, but this wouldn't have the same weight on the application form for controller status.
DW58

#4 Post by DW58 »

Basically the Auslandertagesjadgschein is what you guessed - effectively a foreign visitor's hunting license.

To obtain one, you simply have to have either an invitation to hunt, or to have booked hunting in Germany. You then present this together with proof of current hunting insurance to the Hunting Administration Office (Jagdbehörde) for the district (Kreis) in which you will be hunting. Mine was originally granted in January 1992 - I'm not 100% sure in proof of qualification is required these days, but I offered my BDS Stalker's Certificate back then and it was happily accepted.

One your Ausländer-TagesJagdschein has been granted, it simply needs to be re-endorsed for each visit.

My Ausländer-TagesJagdschein was issued in Nordrhein-Westfalen, I'm not sure if such a document can be used across several Länder, or whether you need a new one for each state - presumably for BFG land Nordrhein-Westfalen would cover everything.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
DL.

#5 Post by DL. »

Waidmannsheil. :good:
DW58

#6 Post by DW58 »

Vielen Dank und Waidmannsheil auch für Sie.

BTW have we met - are you connected with the Tain bombing range?
Rob
DL.

#7 Post by DL. »

DW58 wrote:
BTW have we met - are you connected with the Tain bombing range?
No connection - I go to Tain once a year to be a nuisance to Gregor and pick up ammunition I can't source in the South West.

I don't think we have met, because the only opportunity would have been Cawdor in November when I was up there on a break with my wife for a couple of days. The members of Strathpeffer rpc were very welcoming.
DW58

#8 Post by DW58 »

I'm also a member of Strathpeffer so probably was at the shoot, but I'd clearly mistaken you for somebody else.

Gregor's is a fine place to shop.
Rob
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

#9 Post by Gundoc »

With regards to doing the Jagdschein course.
The course was set up to allow experienced british hunters who were posted to BAOR (it was a while back...) to continue to hunt whilst serving overseas.
It kind of morphed into something that everyone posted on strength in bFG could do, if you could give up the time.
It was quite intense, plenty of pre learning, some shooting, wpn handling etc, plus a lot of German animal id, shooting season tests etc. by no means an attendance course.
Interesting to attend, especially with all the customs etc.

I did mine back in 08, so things may have changed, however, back then you had to be either serving, UKBC or a dependant.
I'm sure my old jagdgruppe (Paderborn) is still going strong, half of them had gone native anyway!
Yes, I work for Lantac.
DL.

#10 Post by DL. »

Gundoc wrote: I did mine back in 08, so things may have changed, however, back then you had to be either serving, UKBC or a dependant.
I'm sure my old jagdgruppe (Paderborn) is still going strong, half of them had gone native anyway!
I spoke to a couple of MPGS who said they preferred it over there. Thanks for the information on this.