Just had my day spoilt....

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Outsider

Re: Just had my day spoilt....

#21 Post by Outsider »

Airbrush wrote:signfunnypost
Gamekeepers need to upgrade to SPAS 12s and .50 BMG then! I saw a rather educational documentary on the issue a few years back.
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#22 Post by DW58 »

Airbrush wrote:Are you for real, he killed a few birds not murdered someone. kukkuk
Airbrush wrote: Well the 'establishment' obviously don't give a s*** so why should we. ;)

Far more deserving atrocities to spoil your day don't you think?
Airbrush wrote:
Not really like I said apart from a few hippies no one gives a s***.
In my opinion, you belong in an adjoining cell the the perpetrator of these wildlife crimes.

I assume that don't give a hoot for our wildlife, countryside, environment, your ignorance astounds me - how sad a life you must live?

Signed

A disgusted countryman.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#23 Post by Airbrush »

DW58 wrote:
Airbrush wrote:Are you for real, he killed a few birds not murdered someone. kukkuk
Airbrush wrote: Well the 'establishment' obviously don't give a s*** so why should we. ;)

Airbrush wrote:
In my opinion, you belong in an adjoining cell the the perpetrator of these wildlife crimes.

I assume that don't give a hoot for our wildlife, countryside, environment, your ignorance astounds me - how sad a life you must live?

Signed

A disgusted countryman.
That's where you're wrong, I live a very happy life thanks. ;)
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#24 Post by DW58 »

Airbrush wrote:
DW58 wrote:

Airbrush wrote:

Signed

A disgusted countryman.
That's where you're wrong, I live a very happy life thanks. ;)
Blissful in your ignorance I suspect.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
Dougan

#25 Post by Dougan »

The best way to stop unscrupulous gamekeepers would be to give the estate owners substantial fines...50 grand at least.
Maggot

#26 Post by Maggot »

Airbrush wrote:
Chuck wrote:Ahh but it was the TYPE of birds he killed..... :run:
Well the 'establishment' obviously don't give a s*** so why should we. ;)

No Andy, quite honestly I don't mate.

Many raptors on shoots are only there (often in inflated numbers) because of the activities of the shoot creating what is basically a macdonalds for raptors.

Having worked as an Austringer for many years at a falconry and still having a retired hawk, I know what they are up against as it is, without total grade A retarded arsholes poisoning them.

My keeper was philosophical. He realised that some would be taken, but more would die on the roads surrounding the shoot, and unlike cats, raptors don't kill for fun, they risk their lives and potentially a slow death every time the hunt...sometimes dinner fights back and they don't have any vets cover, don't believe the bullshit about instant kills etc, its rare. My harris got bitten or kicked regularly.

Terry used to wince at the ignorance of a lot of the "So called" country folk we had as beaters.....One pointed out a barn owl on the shoot one day (Which apparently is another species that should all be bloody shot because of the damage they do). We pointed out it was one very large short eared barn owl then (if you know anything about owls the short eared is a bloody great brown thing that like the barn owl, also hunts in broad daylight and quarters).

The "Kill everything" attitude is one reason I packed in hunting myself. I am far from anti and I will still shoot pests if needs be, and I respect the ability of any hunter who does the job well, but I just got sick of death and destruction for the sake of it.

There has to be a balance and raptors are a proven and necessary part of the system, they not only keep numbers down but also improve the gene pool by taking out the slow runners (proven in a study on the sparrow hawks relationship in the destruction of garden birds).

Ignorance was proven one step further when the owner was convinced a Buzzard had wiped out his Bantams.....with overhead cover?, and the scene of crime was so "not" buzzard....anyhow, we knew damned well that the under keepers ferrets had legged it shortly before clapclap

Look after the little brown eyed people, the wild needs them.....ask yourself why many British gulls have never seen the sea? because the Victorians wiped out the real s*** hawks that really owned the rubbish tips (Red Kites).
Maggot

#27 Post by Maggot »

Demonic69 wrote:It's not right but have you seen the damage those raptors can do?
They were smashing stuff up and killing people in Jurassic park!
In truth, the modern Harris Hawk is about as close to a velocoraptor as its possible to be. They had feathers but no wings, but they did hunt (they say) in organised packs on foot.

Harris hawks collaborate in the wild (the smaller more agile males driving the prey towards the larger more aggressive waiting females) and will also work in teams of captive bred hawks.

Mine also took rabbits on foot in deep undergrowth. I have seem footage of a gossie doing the same, they can move bloody quickly on foot...ever tried catching one in a hurry? lol

I am not getting pulled into a political argument here because people will always argue about sentencing if the are passionate about the subject.

We also need to understand that a well and properly managed shoot will do as much (if not more) for wildlife diversity than any RSPB reserve. I have had first hand experience with several conservation groups and I am afraid that I felt they were miss informed and in some cases barbaric in their attitude towards pest control.

The fact is that man has wiped out the main controlling predators, and as such the sub predators and prey to an extent now need some sort of control. There are good and bad reasons for this, the trick is to get it right and balanced for the right reasons.

Personally I would like to see Grizzlies and Timber wolves roaming some areas of Southampton but sadly...... :squirrel:
Hauptman

#28 Post by Hauptman »

Maggot said: "Personally I would like to see Grizzlies and Timber wolves roaming some areas of Southampton but sadly...... :squirrel:"

Yeah, me too.................in the meantime, I have to make do with a garden full of badgers, squirrels, foxes, and other peoples f***ing cats............

H/man
Maggot

#29 Post by Maggot »

Hauptman wrote:Maggot said: "Personally I would like to see Grizzlies and Timber wolves roaming some areas of Southampton but sadly...... :squirrel:"

Yeah, me too.................in the meantime, I have to make do with a garden full of badgers, squirrels, foxes, and other peoples f***ing cats............

H/man
Ha ha, I was thinking more of 2 legged pest control H ;)

Oddly I always seem to find cats collars but no cats, the spaniels usually keep them out :good:
Chuck

#30 Post by Chuck »

Maggot said: "Personally I would like to see Grizzlies and Timber wolves roaming some areas of Southampton but sadly.....
Plenty of bears in Glasgow teanews
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!