HUNTS...not sure I've spelled that correctly...

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Countryman

Re: HUNTS...not sure I've spelled that correctly...

#61 Post by Countryman »

The point perhaps you don't understand Dougan is that because any of these species are hunted for sport they are an intrinsically valuable commodity.

If it weren't for the conservation that is done because of sport, foxes in particular would face eradication.

I know shooters that shoot in excess of 100 foxes a year. A hunt wouldn't manage a fraction of that. Chasing them cross country isn't that efficient. Lamping and night vision is!
Dougan

#62 Post by Dougan »

Countryman wrote:I know shooters that shoot in excess of 100 foxes a year
Which isn't surprising; with the hunts breeding them and releasing them for so many decades...

...it's bad enough that the RSPCA and other organisations release foxes into the countryside, but at least they do it out of compassion, unlike the hunt who do it to maintain their perverted 'sport'...
tackb

#63 Post by tackb »

I've never heard such nonsense !
Chuck

#64 Post by Chuck »

tackb:
I've never heard such nonsense !
What bit? That's a bit vague?
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Countryman

#65 Post by Countryman »

I'm actually beginning to wonder Dougan if you don't have some kind of agenda here.
Dougan

#66 Post by Dougan »

tackb wrote:I've never heard such nonsense !
Thank you for your input :good:
Dougan

#67 Post by Dougan »

Countryman wrote:I'm actually beginning to wonder Dougan if you don't have some kind of agenda here.
'Begging to wonder'!?...I'd have thought it was pretty obvious that I have an anti fox-hunting agenda.

And if I'm totally honest, I like to keep an eye on topics on here to do with animal welfare...there are other forums where folk show a staggering ignorance to animal issues, but I'm pleased to say that the majority of folk on here are well informed and show an impressive attitude (even to a 'bambi-shagger') to hunting and pest control which has actually moderated some of my views...

...but chasing down and killing your prey with dogs is wrong in my opinion, and if you can't see that, then as I've said before we will just have to agree to disagree...
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#68 Post by dromia »

Oh I don't know, I have to say I get a grim sense of satisfaction when I see a good terrier getting ripped into some rats.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Dougan

#69 Post by Dougan »

dromia wrote:Oh I don't know, I have to say I get a grim sense of satisfaction when I see a good terrier getting ripped into some rats.
I'm sorry mate but I can't relate to that at all...though I can fully understand why people enjoy hunting (with guns or bows), and I'm sure if I went I'd enjoy to some extent too.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#70 Post by dromia »

I just hate rats, the only good rat is a dead rat in my book.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/