HUNTS...not sure I've spelled that correctly...

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Dougan

Re: HUNTS...not sure I've spelled that correctly...

#11 Post by Dougan »

Chuck wrote:oh if they WERE being raised for hunting then whoever is responsible is one sick person!
Personally I believe they were.
Chuck

#12 Post by Chuck »

No excuses for breeding to kill just for fun, end of.

Surprised the Beeb and LACS missed this gem of sickness!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/-stopyulin201 ... ml#IxTiboD

Oh, but it'stheir culture some will say - yep,and so was foxhunting eh.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Dougan

#13 Post by Dougan »

It was on the BBC last week - I agree that the 'dog festival' is worse in some ways...but not because I think it's wrong to eat dogs, but because of the way the animals are treated...don't forget thought that we still transport live animals in appalling conditions in this country too...
Browning_grrl

#14 Post by Browning_grrl »

That is disgusting. Seriously, who the f*** does that?????? kukkuk ****
Dougan

#15 Post by Dougan »

Well we (I'm sure even Canadians too) are lucky to be able to have 'Daisy' for Sunday lunch...but in some countries they prefer 'Rover'...
Chuck

#16 Post by Chuck »

- I agree that the 'dog festival' is worse in some ways...but not because I think it's wrong to eat dogs, but because of the way the animals are treated...don't forget thought that we still transport live animals in appalling conditions in this country too...
Agreed there Dougan, Animal and Human rights are non existent in China. The way they treat animals is sick, you have to be seriously messed up to be able to do that to any animal.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#17 Post by Demonic69 »

People breed worms so they can catch the fish that were bred for catching, or do they not count because they're not cute? Equality!
I don't really understand the point of fox hunting, it doesn't really seem like a test of skill and tearing your quarry to bits seems just a tad barbaric!
Countryman

HUNTS...not sure I've spelled that correctly...

#18 Post by Countryman »

Really don't know where you are coming from with this Dougan.

I now completely disregard anything that comes from the frothing vegans at LACS. Don't you recognise the same kind of language and slander coming our way from Gun Control Network?

I live in a rural idyll. The local hunt form a pivotal role in the local rural community. My girls have come up through their Pony Club in which I am involved. I have friends who make a living out of clipping, farriering, exercising, training and upkeep of horses. These aren't great paying jobs but jobs are hard to come by here abouts.

Husband of a friend works with the hounds. When my sheep die they have to go to the kennel for disposal, I'm not allowed to bury or burn them.

Hunt does a lot of charity stuff too.

Keeping sheep and chickens I'm glad of anything that keeps the numbers of foxes in control. Still plenty to shoot!

When I lived in "the smoke" I didn't understand the need but now I see how it all fits together I'm a convert. For the death of a few, old, incautious or unwell foxes this is a rural tradition I can live with.

Moreover why would anybody stand up for the morally dubious sport of shooting if we don't stand up for them?
Last edited by Countryman on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Countryman

#19 Post by Countryman »

Chuck wrote:No excuses for breeding to kill just for fun, end of.

Surprised the Beeb and LACS missed this gem of sickness!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/-stopyulin201 ... ml#IxTiboD

Oh, but it'stheir culture some will say - yep,and so was foxhunting eh.
Frankly the exploitation of animals for profit is no different for the farmed steak you tuck into or hunting at a game farm in South Africa or the well stocked fishery that people go angling at.

Not all of us just shoot paper. Careful with those stones.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

While i don't agree with fox hunting, ONLY because it does not provide an instant and stress free death for the animal (not because i'm a toff-basher, cloth cap snob etc), i don't see how providing a shelter for the animal they wish to hunt, thereby encouraging it to live in the area of the hunt is the same as breeding them? I may have misread the article though.
DVC