UK Biltong

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: UK Biltong

#21 Post by Lever357 »

I recently bought some beef jerky and laughed when I read the back of the packet - "once opened consume within three days" - I thought you were meant to keep it on your pocket and eat while you rode the range for weeks on end!!!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
cthulhu3
Home club or Range: settle rifle club yorkshire

#22 Post by cthulhu3 »

i get mine from the biltong company chichester and its a life saver

I often end up going to events where the supplied food is all vegetarian (for sake of ease and cost cutting)

s my supply of biltong and pork scratchings make me very popular ..... if i let on
:squirrel:
KidsClays&Cartridges
Home club or Range: Bolton & NRP, Diggle Ranges

#23 Post by KidsClays&Cartridges »

I'm from South Africa originally and we used to make our own biltong and boerwors (pork and beef sausage flavoured with powdered coriander seed).

The best I've found for both of these since we've been in England is http://www.bobsbiltong.co.uk/. Enjoy!
BamBam

#24 Post by BamBam »

KidsClays&Cartridges wrote:I'm from South Africa originally and we used to make our own biltong and boerwors (pork and beef sausage flavoured with powdered coriander seed).

The best I've found for both of these since we've been in England is http://www.bobsbiltong.co.uk/. Enjoy!
I mentioned Bob's on the first page clapclap
KidsClays&Cartridges

#25 Post by KidsClays&Cartridges »

BamBam wrote:
KidsClays&Cartridges wrote:I'm from South Africa originally and we used to make our own biltong and boerwors (pork and beef sausage flavoured with powdered coriander seed).

I mentioned Bob's on the first page clapclap

Sorry man, got so excited to see something about Biltong, I dived straight in. I promise to read more next time.
BamBam

#26 Post by BamBam »

No problem, it's an expensive habit forming addiction biltong.
I can pop in for £5 worth of chilli bites and leave £30 lighter.
KidsClays&Cartridges

#27 Post by KidsClays&Cartridges »

It certainly is. My dad puts in massive orders for biltong and boerwors and gets it couriered down to him. Other family members insist on making the pilgrimage to Bob's whenever they visit us. We also found out that Bob went to the same secondary school as my mum and dad. Very small world.
BamBam

#28 Post by BamBam »

My family down south shop at their local Jumbo.

https://www.southafricanshop.co.uk/store/about_us
Thesmi
Home club or Range: Harlow

#29 Post by Thesmi »

My mate dan does biltong and jerky both beef and venison,.... Im unsure if links are allowed but it's called little brown shed and in essex

He does a treacle habano chilli and makes you sweat proper lovely,
A saffa
Home club or Range: Bisley

#30 Post by A saffa »

The doere wors from the rock is GOOD! Also do boere rolls on the weekends. Great to stop, stock up and than hit the ranges at Bisley.

Sent from my boing using "An application"