I know let's build a bridge!

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Jenks

I know let's build a bridge!

#1 Post by Jenks »

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: I know let's build a bridge!

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Very good and the first picture of the Duchess caught me out lol
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

#3 Post by Jenks »

Dave...

The Duchess surprised my chum too. After she left, he said that he never realised that she spoke with an 'Aussie' accent. ;) On Monday we plan to drag the bridge upstream to it's new home on the flight pond. It is not going to be an easy task but I'm sure it will be great fun. I'm bound to get soaked..... I don't have the luxury of a nice pair of neoprene waders.

Jenks
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#4 Post by waterford103 »

Very nice job , it'll last for years ,longer than the Forth Bridge I imagine , is there a builders plate on it ascribing it's construction to you ?
goodjob :flag13:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Jenks

#5 Post by Jenks »

waterford 103

I really ought to come clean here. My role in the build largely boiled down to jumping up and down and getting excited whilst whistling the Colonel Bogey march. And I was also in charge of making the coffee, using a pretty neat bush type stove As you say it 'It should last for years' I had never worked with Green Oak before and I was surprised at just how heavy it is. :

Jenks
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Where would we be without Coffee!

Green Oak is bloody heavy when you have a reasonable lump of the stuff to move, best left to the younger members of the team :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

#7 Post by Jenks »

The Saga continues.

http://testvalleyriverkeeper.blogspot.co.uk/

The weir a considerable obstacle:

Jenks
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

#8 Post by Meaty »

Jenks,
Lovely looking river-I would gladly trade a testicle to be able to fish there!
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
Jenks

#9 Post by Jenks »

Meaty...

Its the River Dever, a feeder of the Test and as you say it is lovely. My chum Chris DeCani works really hard to keep it so. As to fishing there, I know that there is a waiting list for the trout fishing. Sadly I'm not a fisherman so I don't know too much about it, but it must be pretty good because the same people seem to have been coming for years. He does have some people come Grayling fishing but I don't know what the arrangement is.

Jenks
Jenks

#10 Post by Jenks »

The work barge becomes a bridge again. A satisfactory conclusion to the Saga. I have to say We were both surprised at the relative ease of the operation, and delighted with the result. Now back to the serious business, sourcing logs for winter 20-21.

http://testvalleyriverkeeper.blogspot.co.uk/

Meaty.....

You will notice that a rod has become available on Chris's bit of the Dever. I don't know what it costs, but I'm sure it wouldn't cost a testicle.

Jenks