Any Fishermen on here?

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

Re: Any Fishermen on here?

#21 Post by ptheta »

That's right. It's a very good size for a canal too. You could get much larger in a gravel pit or commercial fishery though.
barney57

#22 Post by barney57 »

ptheta wrote:That's right. It's a very good size for a canal too. You could get much larger in a gravel pit or commercial fishery though.
No matter where you caught it mate,, its a nice fish,,,,,and the old Tench always gives you abit of a fight...
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
Kernow Bys Vyken (Cornwall for ever)
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#23 Post by bobbob »

The skipper of the boat wouldn't allow this on board due to it having a nasty sting in it's tail. A Cow-tailed ray caught of Cairns, Australia, by me :D

Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Christel
Site Admin

#24 Post by Christel »

Wow!

:D
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

Wow Bobob, how big was it?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#26 Post by bobbob »

I am not a proper fisherman so I will not say it was a whopper :shock:
You can see the skippers arm in the top right so it was maybe 2 feet across, with the tail, over 3 feet long.

The skipper just took one look and said it wasn't coming on board. We had such a calm day and enjoyed it so much we went back the next day. Different story. The wind had picked up and the flat bottomed boat hit every wave, killer when you have a dodgy back. It rained as well but we still finished the day grinning. :D

Apparently the cow-tailed ray is used for leather products.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
White boy

#27 Post by White boy »

Nice ray bobbob,
i was lucky enough to spend 7 weeks in western australia back in 2004, awesome place, inparticular a little island called rottnest and one of the bays around the island called 'shark bay' was home to loads of rays, you could see them from the cliffs by the bay. so i left the girlfriend scouting for us :lol: and we legged it down the side of the cliff to the beach, turned round and laura would point which direction the rays where.
Anyways we would run in and all the rays would swim towards us and then we would run out and so on, eventually the inevitable happened and i was knee/thigh deep in water with about 20-30 fairly big rays swimming about :|. anyway after a couple of nervous moments we all chilled out and i ended up crouching down stroking the rays for about 10 mins, i could place one hand under them and wipe the sand off the top of them with the other hand they seemed to enjoy it as they would close thier eyes !

Forgot about the 6" barb at the buisness end :G
White boy

#28 Post by White boy »

Oh and love fishing as well mainly carp, and pike in the winter round the fens - good times.
Trying to pursuade father dearest to come fishing for the carp this summer, get a couple of pics of him with some monsters for the forum, have a good weekend all /j
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

I would sooner get down on the rocks, haul a couple of mackerel in and cook them on the shore, as fresh as they get.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
White boy

#30 Post by White boy »

i know a nice place in anglesey, always good fishing :D