Hultafors

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
DL.

Hultafors

#1 Post by DL. »

Just bought my first Hultafors knife. I didn't really need one, but I've been eyeing them up for a while.

I've used Frosts/Mora knives in the past, and first impressions are that Hultafors are just as good if not better, and cost less.

Available from here-
http://www.axminster.co.uk/hand-tools/k ... /hultafors

And Amazon-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hultafors-RFR- ... B004O9RZJM
takbok

Re: Hultafors

#2 Post by takbok »

They're excellent knives. I've got 2 of the orange handled carbon steel ones and they sharpen up nicely on an oilstone.
Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#3 Post by Pesty »

Just ordered two.

I'm a fan of mora knives but they've started getting expensive.

I lose a lot of stuff so I like cheap but good knives
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Superb little knives. I have one with a rubberised handle. I spent a while putting an edge on it and tidying up the spine, drilled the handle and added a lanyard and it was good to go. Mine was a freebie from a local shop because I am a regular customer and has been in near constant use ever since. Downside is it marks and/or rusts incredibly easily so keep well oiled. If like me you use it for breasting or gutting give it a wipe over with a vegetable oil or similar, I use walnut oil because I use it in the workshop so it is always to hand.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
DL.

#5 Post by DL. »

I was at a shop that sold them, and they only had the standard craftsman with the orange handle.

I've got big hands, so needed the Heavy Duty version that's a little bit bigger.

The chisel I bought, I like, I did take it into the field with me last year, however there were no chiselling opportunities so it remained unused.

I think I might need to keep that with my tools and I can use it for getting through the bark strips on firewood.