Fishing on the North Tyne.

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

Fishing on the North Tyne.

#1 Post by Meaty »

Of to spend a few days camping /walking in Northumberland in a couple of weeks and want to do a bit of brown trout fishing while I am there. Does anyone know of any spots around Bellingham that is open to day tickets? Nothing fancy, just a couple of small Browns would make my day.
My grandfather was head gamekeeper at a nearby estate (Wallington, now National Trust) and I have been told many stories of his ability to tickle trout out of the Wansbeck so this trip could turn out to be a bit of a pilgrimage! I have a split cane Hardy's rod and reel that was gifted to him by his employer back in the 40's and will be taking it back 'home' for a cast or two.
Any leads would be appreciated.
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
GarethM
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: St Georges RPC and Tyne Valley (both using Ponteland Range)

Re: Fishing on the North Tyne.

#2 Post by GarethM »

If you don't have any other responses, this is about 25 miles away (and a lovely drive)
http://www.allenvalleyanglers.co.uk

There is also the West Allen, which is run by Whitfield Estates (of "High Birds in May" fame)

Gareth
No matter how much you push the envelope,
it will always remain stationary.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#3 Post by DanTheMan »

The Bellingham area is one my fave fishing spots, but it's worth heading 10 mins up the C200 to Falstone. Best spot is from under the bridge at the cemetery round to post office corner.

Day fishing on the north tyne river around Falstone.
Tickets available from Falstone Tea Rooms 01434 240459 or Secretary Alan Banks 01434 240158.
Day tickets Feb - August £10 September and October £30 per day.
GarethM
Past Supporter

#4 Post by GarethM »

Dan, That is weird, you suggested:
DanTheMan wrote:Alan Banks
and I suggested Allen Banks

What were the odds on that?
Gareth
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#5 Post by DanTheMan »

GarethM wrote:Dan, That is weird, you suggested:
DanTheMan wrote:Alan Banks
and I suggested Allen Banks

What were the odds on that?
Gareth
That's funny, the location Allen Banks is really nice, would have to toss a coin to decide which one to fish.
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

#6 Post by Meaty »

Thanks for the pointers, just what I needed goodjob
I also got in touch with a local fishing club that has a lot of fishing rights on the stretch between Bellingham and the dam who will sell me day tickets to certain stretches with named pools! I wont be able to get to fish more than a couple of times this trip but it looks like another trip needs to be planned as wifey is desperate to catch a sea trout-me, I would be happy with a couple of wild brownies and a good walk.
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
GarethM
Past Supporter

#7 Post by GarethM »

DanTheMan wrote:That's funny, the location Allen Banks is really nice, would have to toss a coin to decide which one to fish.
The drive along the West Allen takes you up to Alston: http://www.drivingforpleasure.co.uk/roa ... and-haydon. It is brilliant going in the other direction as well

Slightly off topic, apologies