9mm / 45 ACP LR for vermin/fox

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Hfisk
Home club or Range: 10th battalion home guard

9mm / 45 ACP LR for vermin/fox

#1 Post by Hfisk »

Hi guys, for those interested 9mm and 45 ACP are not on home office guidelines for fox or vermin. Spoke to a really helpful and friendly guy from BASC (Simon) who says you could still try but would need strong evidence why you would want a pistol calibre over a rifle.

Hope that helps for anyone interested.

Cheers
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: 9mm / 45 ACP LR for vermin/fox

#2 Post by mr smith »

Didn't seemed too concerned when I asked for my .44 mag marlin for vermin,I have heard of others with .357 and .44 for fox on other forums.Indeed when discussing the purchase of one of these guns with some guys that had them for target someone said he knew of somebody using one for fox I think in a more urban situation.