BREAKING: UK bans pigeon and crow shooting

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: BREAKING: UK bans pigeon and crow shooting

#121 Post by safetyfirst »

Gazza

#122 Post by Gazza »

Whilst reading much chit chat on the net about Packham I came across a link to his twatter page.
I expected support for him by his pigeon hugging hangers on but some of the comments from them are unbelievable.
People calling for all guns to be taken by the gov, people who shoot animals should be forcefully sterilized no matter what age or sex they are wtf
I never really took any notice of the pigeon hugger/antis before but it looks like they are insane. wallhead
Check his page out. I won't put a link as a sudden influx of traffic from this site would not be good. lol
Sim G
Past Supporter

#123 Post by Sim G »

It is often very surprising the level of violence that one person is prepared to lay upon another in the "defence" of an ""innocent animal"....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Christel
Site Admin

#124 Post by Christel »

Very likely it was one from his own camp - they play dirty at the best of times.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#125 Post by Plumose »

BASC have sent out an email showing that they have produced a briefing document that they are sending to all MPs:
https://basc.org.uk/?wysija-page=1&cont ... 62&wysijap
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#126 Post by Lancs Lad »

safetyfirst wrote:Every time this happens, or in fact every time we get a free day at the weekend, we need to get someone who’s not shot before and take them out shooting.

The only way public opinion will change is if more of the public see how much fun, satisfaction and pleasure shooting can bring.

So save your online forum rants people and instead call that mate who once said they’d like to come and give it a go.

Exactly!

LL
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#127 Post by Pete »

A great pity the NRA stopped holding the open days. Having heard about these from a fellow smallbore shooter, two of us attended just for a laugh, got hooked, and joined the NRA on the strength of our first go with a centrefire rifle at 1000yds.

At a subsequent one, a couple of neighbours joined us to see what it was all about.

(Please note, any NRA hierarchy who may be reading this.......!!)

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#128 Post by Christel »

Pete wrote:A great pity the NRA stopped holding the open days. Having heard about these from a fellow smallbore shooter, two of us attended just for a laugh, got hooked, and joined the NRA on the strength of our first go with a centrefire rifle at 1000yds.

At a subsequent one, a couple of neighbours joined us to see what it was all about.

(Please note, any NRA hierarchy who may be reading this.......!!)

Pete
Yes, a great pity.

Not very likely, they do not like us here on F-B.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#129 Post by safetyfirst »

We should lobby them to bring the open days back and lobby all our home clubs to make use of all their 12 days a year, let’s make it every first Sunday in the month, get every club in the country open for friends and family.

We could rename it Gunday

Lolllolol
kevinww

#130 Post by kevinww »

NRA have been running guest days for the last few years, this years dates on link https://nra.org.uk/?s=guest+days