Game shooting

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Game shooting

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am on a small working syndicate, so a few hundred birds that we look after ourselves. We get out once a fortnight, feed in-between and the rules are you must be a SGC holder, insured and run a dog. It usually involves a lot of walking, is hilly so good for the circulation and there is constant banter so always a great day out.

Anyone else game shooting this year?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

Re: Game shooting

#2 Post by Dorset_shooter »

A few days this year both driven and walked up, cost is becoming prohibitive for driven game for me.

The biggest draw in game / rough shooting for me is the people you meet and spend time with, can't remember not enjoying the company of most if not all the guns on the day.

I would love to join a small working syndicate locally to me but it seems most shoot midweek or a Friday, again missing work makes the cost prohibitive!

I hope you enjoy the rest of the season!
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

Re: Game shooting

#3 Post by J4mes »

I had a couple of driven days last year and thoroughly enjoyed them. I'm not in a syndicate anymore as the forestry commission land we used didnt renew our lease for unknown reasons. Which is a shame, as a couple of driven days pays for a family holiday aaarggh