Chris Packham - Latest Dead Animal....

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

Re: Chris Packham - Latest Dead Animal....

#41 Post by TRG-22 »

MistAgain wrote:In September 2009,CP said he would "eat the last panda" if doing so would retroactively redistribute the money spent on panda conservation.

How do you reach a compromise with a person like that ?
It may well be that you can't.

But it is 100% guaranteed that you never will if you insult him and swear at him.

By not descending to his level of closed-minded dogmatism you also increase your chances of success in the court of public opinion.
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
TRG-22

#42 Post by TRG-22 »

Nelly2014 wrote:Ok. I stand corrected.
Just for clarity is that the royal 'We'?
Why not click on the link and find out.
MistAgain

#43 Post by MistAgain »

TRG-22 wrote:
MistAgain wrote:In September 2009,CP said he would "eat the last panda" if doing so would retroactively redistribute the money spent on panda conservation.

How do you reach a compromise with a person like that ?
It may well be that you can't.

But it is 100% guaranteed that you never will if you insult him and swear at him.

By not descending to his level of closed-minded dogmatism you also increase your chances of success in the court of public opinion.

That is a good one , public opinion only matters when those in power want it to matter .

He says , let panda's die and spend the money on other species, no doubt he is the one who will name the species to be saved .

Another comment from CP ...”New study of Breckland Curlew suggests ways to help these red-listed waders, by attracting them into habitats from which foxes & sheep can be excluded.”
Now how the hell do you exclude sheep and foxes ? , put no entry signs around the habitat , or simply surround it with barbed wire (not that a fox will worry about barbed wire)

Just read some of the posts on his twitter account from his followers , aka useful idiots .
They blindly agree with his every post . They treat him like he is the messiah .

The bottom line is that CP is a bully , maybe a clever bully .

But he certainly is not the messiah ,he's just a very naughty boy!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#44 Post by Sim G »

Nut job.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#45 Post by Nelly2014 »

Sim G wrote:Nut job.
This is the problem The Nut Jobs are taking over the asylum. If you let them get away with it, as has happened, the result is that that their crazy shist becomes the norm. If possible they need to be challenged at every opportunity and made to realise there is a cost to their bullying self-righteous entitlement.
I heard today that twatter has only 300,000 active users but the majority are SJW keyboard warriors. Look at what has happened to Laurence Fox (must be an animal joke there) people are losing their jobs and livelihoods after the pack(?) attacks.
It's all very well saying "don't descend to their level" but if you have ever been bullied in any way you will know that ignoring them in the hope they will forget you. does.not.work.
TRG-22

#46 Post by TRG-22 »

No point challenging in ways which don't do any good.

Laurence Fox screwed up - he made a mistake, then compounded it. But the old saying He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword is very apposite for Twitter. He didn't have to join. He didn't have to make that fatuous remark about racism. He didn't have to start goading his critics.

But in many ways bullies only have the power over you that you give them. Not always, of course, or in all respects, but often more than you might think at first.

OTOH sometimes the best way to deal with them is a smack in the mouth. I just happen to think that being relentlessly civil and insistent on dispassionately considering the evidence¹ (and thereby accepting that that requirement works both ways) is a more effective SITM than insults.

¹ Yes, what Dromia says about "evidence" is often true, but when push comes to shove in court (as it might over one of Wild Justice's claims) people will find that their freedom to deny things which are demonstrably true is somewhat circumscribed.
Christel
Site Admin

#47 Post by Christel »

Nutters are at it again 5mith

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ham-plans/

Wild Justice and their supporters are so smug, anything to stop shooting, any kind of shooting.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#48 Post by Pete »

Has he ever mentioned target shooting in any of his campaigns?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Polchraine

#49 Post by Polchraine »

Pete wrote:Has he ever mentioned target shooting in any of his campaigns?

Pete
And the relevance of that?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Christel
Site Admin

#50 Post by Christel »

Pete wrote:Has he ever mentioned target shooting in any of his campaigns?

Pete
He will...once he has banned everything else...do not forget that the noise is damaging to bird life....the bullets themselves can be eaten by birds...yada yada...I am making it up...not the bit about him going after target shooters though, no doubt he will given a chance.