Landrover set on Fire

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Christel
Site Admin

Landrover set on Fire

#1 Post by Christel »

Seems someone does not like Chris Packham a great deal, they decided to set a Landrover on fire outside his gates.

S'funny that his immediate reaction is that very likely they are members of the hunt.

Now, I do not agree with the setting on fire part to be honest, however it does not have to be members of the hunt, it could be individuals who simply do not like him. He is a bit of a knob.

Noone was hurt.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Landrover set on Fire

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

He is definitely a Knob. So some one stole a Land Rover and set it alight outside his property. That does not mean it was meant to be anything to do with him. He just jumped on the band wagon and used it as usual has a publicity stunt.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by Dark Skies »

I'm sorry a Land Rover had to suffer.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

You can't abuse your position like he has and also threaten livelihoods as he has and expect there to be no consequences. I don't agree with such means but i'm entirely unsurprised. teanews

With it being a Land Rover though is it not more likely that it just conked out and spontaneously combusted anyway? :D
DVC
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Blackstuff wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:22 amWith it being a Land Rover though is it not more likely that it just conked out and spontaneously combusted anyway? :D
That does rather assume it started in the first place.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#6 Post by 20series »

Prat
Attachments
2fb1f0ff1589fb03ffa4814f3aef0929--comedy-series-comedy-tv.jpg
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#7 Post by Dark Skies »

Nevermind. Turns out it wasn't a 'proper' Landy. Just some crappy Discovery thingy.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

I thought the pictures looked slightly wrong for a Landy...
etonwick
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#9 Post by etonwick »

Christel wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:51 pm Seems someone does not like Chris Packham a great deal, they decided to set a Landrover on fire outside his gates.

S'funny that his immediate reaction is that very likely they are members of the hunt.

Now, I do not agree with the setting on fire part to be honest, however it does not have to be members of the hunt, it could be individuals who simply do not like him. He is a bit of a knob.

Noone was hurt.
Chris Packham is an idealist and he thinks only in one-dimension, oblivious to any other point of view or of consequences to others. As such, his actions have made him enemies in many camps.

Whoever committed this act can only receive the full condemnation of the shooting community - we do not condone any such behaviour. But are any of us really surprised that it happened?
Cheers

etonwick

"A buck in books saves a grand in stupid!" - Mark Novak, Gunsmith.
Archie

#10 Post by Archie »

I’m not sure which I dislike the most Land Rovers or Chris Packham ?