Blaser straight pull

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Jenks

Re: Blaser straight pull

#21 Post by Jenks »

Dellboy wrote:Jenks you mist give the 303 a good home hint

Dellboy..

Which one? ;) :D

Jenks
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#22 Post by bradaz11 »

sacrilege!

it's a mortal sin to let it touch the floor isn't it??
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
ozone
Home club or Range: Thorpe Cloud

#23 Post by ozone »

bradaz11 wrote:sacrilege!

I think, in the small print it states it's OK if it's
protecting your Lee Enfield's.

:good:

ozone

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#24 Post by Dellboy »

Weakness for Blondes
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Jenks

#25 Post by Jenks »

ozone wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:sacrilege!

I think, in the small print it states it's OK if it's
protecting your Lee Enfield's.

:good:

ozone

Ozone...

Excellent reply :good: There was I thinking I was going to have to come clean and admit to not knowing about the union flag not touching the ground.. :o :oops: :D lol lol lol
Jenks

#26 Post by Jenks »

Dellboy wrote:Weakness for Blondes

Dellboy...
Weakness for Blondes
Good choice. 'Blondie' came to me via Bob Burges (Arundel Classic Firearms) he got it from Brian Dicks in South Carolina. it came still in green paper and smothered with grease/ preservative(cosmoline?) having fired only proofing rounds. Bob also supplied my beautiful 1915 SMLE..Adjustable rear sight and Magazine cut off. and volley sight . Come to think of it he also got me the No5 carbine too. It had a short stock when I got it (as most do). In the photo it is sporting a long stock. That was a gift from 'Rearlugs' both he and Bob are top chaps :good: :wave:

Jenks
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#27 Post by dromia »

Can we keep this on topic please it is becoming an Military and Historic thread rather than a Hunting one, if you want to discuss military Enfields then do so in the appropriate forum.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
raybrown53
Home club or Range: Corinium Rifle Range / WNSC

#28 Post by raybrown53 »

I have an R93 in an off road stock that I love. I cant fault it in any way at all. As for the issue with mag/trigger combo falling out of R8s when shot that is simply down to operator error :)
When in doubt C4
raybrown53
Home club or Range: Corinium Rifle Range / WNSC

#29 Post by raybrown53 »

Jenks wrote:extendor

I have a Blaser Lrs2 with match Barrels in 6.5x55se and 308win I was able to switch either of these barrel into a Blaser Offroad stock for a very accurate stalking rifle. Thinking that it's time I sold the LRS2 It hardly gets used anymore. Since I packed in stalking I seem to have lost most of my interest in 'punching holes in Paper' . Still like to shoot my 303s occasionally but I might sell them shortly. All getting a bit too expensive for me.:cry:
The scope mounting is incredibly robust and tolerant of repeated fitting/removal.

I managed to break a Blaser scope mount falling over on a slippery rock in Argyll.

Jenks

Any pics of the LRS2? Would be just my luck one comes up for sale when I am short on funds. Did you have to have to fettle the offroad stock at all to take the heavy target barrel?
When in doubt C4
Jenks

#30 Post by Jenks »

raybrown53 wrote:
Jenks wrote:extendor

I have a Blaser Lrs2 with match Barrels in 6.5x55se and 308win I was able to switch either of these barrel into a Blaser Offroad stock for a very accurate stalking rifle. Thinking that it's time I sold the LRS2 It hardly gets used anymore. Since I packed in stalking I seem to have lost most of my interest in 'punching holes in Paper' . Still like to shoot my 303s occasionally but I might sell them shortly. All getting a bit too expensive for me.:cry:
The scope mounting is incredibly robust and tolerant of repeated fitting/removal.

I managed to break a Blaser scope mount falling over on a slippery rock in Argyll.

Jenks

Any pics of the LRS2? Would be just my luck one comes up for sale when I am short on funds. Did you have to have to fettle the offroad stock at all to take the heavy target barrel?
Ray..

Hello as requested a some of pics of the LRS2:

Mrs Jenks at 600x Moodys Down.

Broken Scope Mount. eventually replaced gratis ,after a bit of a fight.

And here is the LRS2 in the LMG role... ;)

RE: Changing barrels between Offroad and LRS2 stocks. no problem just undo the two captive screws offer up the barrel and tighten screws 'easy peasy'.

Jenks