One big fox!!

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

One big fox!!

#1 Post by M99 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-17259087

Hmm maybe need something bigger for foxes soon!!
whoowhoop

Re: One big fox!!

#2 Post by whoowhoop »

Hmm maybe need something bigger for foxes soon!!

Remember a good while back there was an old chap who had a foxing rifle built on a 1911 action, with a can on the end like a tin of paint. He used it for foxing on golf courses and shot from a buggy as he was disabled, I think. He lost it in the purge after Hungerford. Think there was an article on him in ST, when it was worth reading.
What chance a .45 for fox now.....?
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
Blu

#3 Post by Blu »

What an interesting article, we have also been noticing the size and weight increase over here on the coyotes. The average weight of the Great Lakes coyotes is around 30lbs but lately coyotes have been taken that weigh as much as 55 lbs. The Department of Natural Resources is putting it down to availability of food in the towns and cities. I took one while I was deer hunting, it weighed around 35 to 40lbs and was in good condition for the time of year. Normally they are mange ridden around November time but the ones being taken around here lately have had some really beautiful pelts on them.

The only thing that worries me about the size and weight increase is that the bigger and heavier they get, the more bold they may become. We've already had a couple of reports from last year and one this year of coyotes attacking small kids.

Blu :twisted:
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

This is the third report I have seen in as many months of big dog foxes being shot. How long before we see a 50lb fox in the UK?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#5 Post by meles meles »

*picks up phone*

"Hello? Brer Fox ? It is ? Good. Badger here. Best change your route home from McDonalds, the oomans are after you..."
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Vagabond

#6 Post by Vagabond »

Hi Blu,
Your back! Great to see you posting again. Its been an while now since we last heard from you. Or perhaps I've just not seen the items you've posted in.

Vagabond.
Jenks

#7 Post by Jenks »

Looking through some photos and I came across this one, not huge but pretty big.

Jenks
Eric S

#8 Post by Eric S »

I shoot on forestry in the Scottish Borders and the foxes are massive there, will take a pic of the next one