This Little Piggy Isn't Going To Market.

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Blu

This Little Piggy Isn't Going To Market.

#1 Post by Blu »

Shot this on Sunday, not a bad size dressed out at 60kg.
Porky 4.JPG
Blu :twisted:
Robin128

Re: This Little Piggy Isn't Going To Market.

#2 Post by Robin128 »

Excuse my ignorance, Blu but is that a feral or wild hog?

Presumably gralloched where you shot it?

Looks like a tender young one.

Rob
Blu

#3 Post by Blu »

Rob, yep mate it's a wild hog. Shot it yesterday. It's about a year old so as you say nice and tender. Yes it was gralloched where it was shot.
Porky Pig 2.JPG
Blu

#4 Post by Blu »

Had the ribs last night cooked slowly in my special sauce.....delicous :P

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

What is the rifle Blu?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blu

#6 Post by Blu »

Hey bro, it's a Tikka T3 in 308 with a 9 power Leupold scope with the German #1 reticle. As you can see it works for me.

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Blu wrote:Hey bro, it's a Tikka T3 in 308 with a 9 power Leupold scope with the German #1 reticle. As you can see it works for me.
It seems to work nicely judging by the Hog, was it moving when you shot it and what do you think of the T3 action, smooth enough, feed OK, magazine work OK, everything feel robust? Anything you don't like about it?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blu

#8 Post by Blu »

ovenpaa, the hogs were on the move, well that is rooting around when I shot it. There were five of them together rooting around looking for the homemade scent lure I had put down, (brings them in every time). I shot this one just behind the ear from about 70 yards and he just dropped where he stood.

As to the rifle itself I have no complaints. Never had a magazine or feeding problem, the action is smooth and the trigger is adjustable, I have this one set at 2.5 lbs.

So I think I can honestly say there is nothing about it that I dislike. It is certainly a very accurate rifle. I also have a T3 in 270 WSM and that rifle is just as accurate as my .308.

Going to give the pigs a wee break for a couple of weeks as firearms deer season opens next Monday, as this rate my missus reckons we are going to need another freezer as our current one is full of ducks, geese, venison, some black bear and elk. Now we have pork :D

Robin128

#9 Post by Robin128 »

You're so lucky Blu.

:D

Rob
Blu

#10 Post by Blu »

Rob
You're so lucky Blu.
Yes sir I know I am, it is one of the reasons I never had a hankering to return to the United Kingdom. Hell the whole country is full of free meat, what more could I want?