This Little Piggy Isn't Going To Market.

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Blu

Re: This Little Piggy Isn't Going To Market.

#21 Post by Blu »

Barney, too cold in the winter for rattlers, sorry mate the sauce is a secret and has to remain so for the benefit of mankind. The world is just not ready for such a culinary masterpiece. :ugeek:

:twisted:
trianni123

#22 Post by trianni123 »

Blu from what your been saying/writing I'll say that Michigan sounds like a really nice place to live and be. Do you get really warm summers as well as snowy winters?
Do you get strict guns laws as I know some states are very strict like California?
Blu

#23 Post by Blu »

Teriann, summers here are usually in the high 80's F to the middle 90's. Here in Michigan we truly get all three seasons. I love watching the winter recede and slowly turn to spring. Seeing all the migratory birds coming back such as the hummingbirds and the swallows, seeing the animals that have just woke up from their winter slumber. I truly do love it here.

On top of all that Michigan has over four million acres of public land for hunting, fishing, snow mobiling, quad trails, hiking trails, camping, hell you name it. The fishing here is brilliant, steelhead and walleye (both cousins of the salmon and just as big) large mouth bass, trout, hell we have all sorts.

The truly good thing about it all though is unlike the UK it doesn't cost a second mortgage and your first born to hunt or fish and you get to keep what you catch or shoot. If memory serves me correctly the dearest hunting/fishing licence is $15 and as I said what you catch you keep. Some guys run trap lines in the winter to trap mink and other furbearing critters, there's money to be made there.

As for the gun laws I have to say that Michigan probably has to my mind some of the best gun laws in the Union. Michigan is a very big hunting State and a very big pro gun State though we do have our anti's. You can buy and own just about anything firearms wise that you want including fully automatic firearms. I myself own a full auto AR-15 M4 carbine, great fun to shoot.

Blu :twisted:
trianni123

#24 Post by trianni123 »

Blu wrote:Teriann, summers here are usually in the high 80's F to the middle 90's. Here in Michigan we truly get all three seasons. I love watching the winter recede and slowly turn to spring. Seeing all the migratory birds coming back such as the hummingbirds and the swallows, seeing the animals that have just woke up from their winter slumber. I truly do love it here.

On top of all that Michigan has over four million acres of public land for hunting, fishing, snow mobiling, quad trails, hiking trails, camping, hell you name it. The fishing here is brilliant, steelhead and walleye (both cousins of the salmon and just as big) large mouth bass, trout, hell we have all sorts.

The truly good thing about it all though is unlike the UK it doesn't cost a second mortgage and your first born to hunt or fish and you get to keep what you catch or shoot. If memory serves me correctly the dearest hunting/fishing licence is $15 and as I said what you catch you keep. Some guys run trap lines in the winter to trap mink and other furbearing critters, there's money to be made there.

As for the gun laws I have to say that Michigan probably has to my mind some of the best gun laws in the Union. Michigan is a very big hunting State and a very big pro gun State though we do have our anti's. You can buy and own just about anything firearms wise that you want including fully automatic firearms. I myself own a full auto AR-15 M4 carbine, great fun to shoot.

It sounds amazing Blu could you give me a green card lol.
Maybe one day I could go hunting there.

Paul
Blu

#25 Post by Blu »

It sounds amazing Blu could you give me a green card lol.
Yep I like it, guess that's why I never came back, no regrets on that score. Would if I could but can't.