Reds ...

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Dougan

Re: Reds ...

#11 Post by Dougan »

judders wrote:Just reminded me.... when I worked in Dorking, there was an albino squirrel that was often seen wandering around the church grounds. Only one I've ever seen.
Nice pics :good:

I used to go fishing at Old Bury Hill Lake...about a mile outside of Dorking....lovely lake tongueout
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#12 Post by meles meles »

Hmm, bit like our web footed cousins, the ginger badgers...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/adaptations ... )#p007xsnd
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Polchraine

#13 Post by Polchraine »

Sandgroper wrote:
Polchraine wrote:
Dougan wrote:Cool! - where abouts in the country was it?
My other post should give a clue!
I'm guessing you're up in Moray for some fishing? :good:
Cromdale ... doing a good job of emptying the river so far! Since I arrived on Wednesday we have had around 40 salmon and numerous Sea Trout. And make a sizeable dent in the Whisky stockpile too!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Sandgroper »

Nice one! :good: I need to get organised and head down to Cromdale and reduce the rabbit population. bangbang
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Scotsgun

#15 Post by Scotsgun »

Its a very unfortunate grey that crosses my path when i've got a shotgun or 22 in my hand. We hammer them in order to protect the reds.
DOGGER2UK
Site Supporter Since 2019

#16 Post by DOGGER2UK »

Met this little gentleman while shooting at Warcop in Cumbria yesterday.
1 resize.JPG
2 resize.JPG
It ain't me.
as400

#17 Post by as400 »

judders wrote:Just reminded me.... when I worked in Dorking, there was an albino squirrel that was often seen wandering around the church grounds. Only one I've ever seen.
Very sad news when it died, I believe as a result of a collision with a Post Office van, reported overseas too by Fox News in the States, though admittedly it was probably a 'quiet news day'. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 374874.stm
forbie

#18 Post by forbie »

When I was working in the "wid" doing some thinning of Norway Spruce I dropped a tree and was snedding up it like a mad man and came across a squirrels nest. There was only one youngish one in it. Me being me I tried to catch it jumper over it tried to gab it man are they vicious. Eventually it got on a tree and very adeptly managed to keep it between me and its self until it was out of reach. I dropped a few more trees and was again snedding up it when I cut a wasps bike in half with the saw that was a quick exit there and then.